How to connect bridge pick up on p bass?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ErikT, Jan 27, 2013.

1. ErikT

ErikT

I am preparing to put à J bridge pup on my copy pbass. I wonder how i have to route à hole for the cable between the pup and the other Pup and/or the pots.
    Do i drill à hole from the bottom of the bass or from the neck entrance? Or can i drill from the pup cavity? I am affraid the angle is to steep!
    Thanks for your help!
    E.
  2. eukatheude

eukatheude

I'm curious about this too, mostly because i want to route a battery cavity on the back and have no idea how one would go about drilling it.
  3. Mykk

Mykk

Come in from the p-pup side with an extremely long bit. This will allow you to get the angle you need without the drill body getting in the way. The hole will start high on the p side and come in low on the j side
  4. ErikT

ErikT

Thanks!!!'
    E.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. line6man

line6man

There are two ways to do it.

The easy way is to do it Telecaster style by drilling from the neck pocket to make a channel between the neck pickup route and the bridge pickup route. Just be sure the existing channel from the neck pickup route to the control cavity is large enough to take the new wires.

The other way is to drill from the bridge pickup route to the control cavity with an aircraft bit. This is easy enough if you are mindful of the angle of the bit, to be sure it exits in the right place.