1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

    The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

    Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

how to get a fuzz sound like cliff Burton?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Seriouscat123, Jan 4, 2014.

  1. Seriouscat123


    Jun 26, 2013
    Likes Received:
    I have this classic fuzz pedal by dod with fuzz, low, tone , and volume knobs. Also I have a standard p bass any suggestions?
  2. Hamlet7768

    Hamlet7768 Here to chew gum and rock. Still have gum. Supporting Member

    Jun 5, 2011
    Likes Received:
    To get Cliff's soloing tone, you need a fuzz-wah. Morley made the ones Cliff used, but they don't make them anymore. Check ebay.

    To get the non-wah tone (ie first part of Anesthesia) play around and use your ear. That said you'll get closer with a Muff-type pedal. Bass Big Muff does quite well at that.

Share This Page