how to get a fuzz sound like cliff Burton?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Seriouscat123, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Seriouscat123

Seriouscat123

I have this classic fuzz pedal by dod with fuzz, low, tone , and volume knobs. Also I have a standard p bass any suggestions?

2. Hamlet7768

Hamlet7768 Here to chew gum and rock. Still have gum.

To get Cliff's soloing tone, you need a fuzz-wah. Morley made the ones Cliff used, but they don't make them anymore. Check ebay.

To get the non-wah tone (ie first part of Anesthesia) play around and use your ear. That said you'll get closer with a Muff-type pedal. Bass Big Muff does quite well at that.

3. FC Bass

FC Bass Alembic and Mesa/Boogie junkie Supporting Member

Media:
    Bass - Boss cs 1 - Morley - Big Muff - Amp does the trick.(best for amp is old Mesa tube head - D-180/Bass 400)

The Morley must be a vintage (Tel-Ray) Power Wah, most versions will work (you only use the Wah section) The newer Morley's don't work well in the above setup.
    For delay/pitchshift (see vid) he used an Ibanez HD1500. You can also use the HD1000 - they sound the same, the HD1500 is switchable.

4. argie bass

argie bass

He actually used the boost function on the Morley power wah boost for that scream .and for kill em all he used the fuzz on the Morley power wah fuzz .check out my YouTube channel for an example . ( argiebass ) is my YouTube channel

5. Register to disable this ad