1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

How to get this sound, or how would you describe it

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Juanchioo, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Juanchioo

Juanchioo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INZdeA9w-N4

Hi guys! i listened to a lot of covers from this guy, and i allways love the tone.

So, how would you describe this tone, and how do you think i could achieve something similar?

2. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

The only way to achieve such a tone would be to find that exact sticker, and place it in the exact same position on your bass.

Or, you could get a Jazz bass and a Darkglass B3K.

3. Juanchioo

Juanchioo

i cant find that sticker anywhere :(

lol jk, why are you recommending that pedal in special? you get that sound from that specific pedal? or i could use another overdrive pedal? because im from argentina, there is not so much variety

and tone wise, what do you think are the tonal characteristics? im pretty bad at knowing those kind of things, if i had to guess it has a bug cut on mids and some boost on bass, am i right? or completely wrong?

4. Juanchioo

Juanchioo

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Juanchioo

Juanchioo

7. tonym

tonym Supporting Member

He's got a youtube page, and his band has a website, why not just leave a comment or message and ask about what he's using, what his settings are, etc.

Most bass players are happy to go on at length if you compliment their tone. ;)

8. Fat Steve

Fat Steve The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.

Media:
    Albums:
    Whoa now, that's just a bit too logical.

9. Juanchioo

Juanchioo

ok, thanks, ill do that!

still if someone has some tips, they are welcome!

10. caligula

caligula

I for one don't like that tone and I fail to see anything special about it - sorry, just my opinion.
    To me, the plucking definitely contributes a lot to the tone, hard plucking!!
    I have a custom made Jazz bass with a J pick-up in the neck position and a humbucker in the bridge, EQ flat, both pick-ups full, hard plucking and I get very close.