1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

how to play in a duo?/looking for a drummer.

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Unemploid, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Unemploid

Unemploid

first, i play bass, my bro plays guitar, and we been in a trio ever since highschool. our drummer moved, we're looking for a drummer, which is very important for our style, for any band really.

here is one of our songs, we play different styles of rock music aswell, and we've gotten better since this recording.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/unemploid

second, finding a drummer is taking too long. so, we're thinking about being a duo, but we don't know how. could you guys give us some advice on how we can play together with a drummer? any guitar and bass duo we should listen to?

if you guys know a website, or something, that could help us find a drummer, let us know. we tryed craigslist, i guess we could try again, again.
  2. Zephrant

Zephrant

I really like the way these guys play: Africa (acoustic Toto cover) - Mike Masse and Jeff Hall

I've been trying to copy the bass part on that one, but the harmony is currently beyond me.