1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

How to post "bassist for hire" ad

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by ChrisLaBenne, Mar 28, 2014.

1. ChrisLaBenne

ChrisLaBenne

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings
    Hi there,

I am using the mobile app, so maybe I'm just not navigating the site properly, but where do I post an ad/topic saying I'm a bassist looking for work? I know there's a section for bands seeking bassists, but not the other way around. Any help here? I want to find a bass job.

Thanks

2. ChrisLaBenne

ChrisLaBenne

Disclosures:
  3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The thing is, almost everyone who visits this site is a bassist, NOT somebody looking for a bassist. You want to post your "bassist available" ad on almost any other music site that ISN'T Talkbass. :)

4. ChrisLaBenne

ChrisLaBenne

Disclosures:
    Major facepalm. That makes sense. To Craigslist! *zips into the skies, cape flowing*

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. prd004

prd004

Not to mention no matter how good you are, there's always somebody better.
    On this site there's probably thousands of them. So even if someone was on here looking for a bassist, the odds would be horribly stacked against you.

Fortunately in the real world there is always a demand for good bass players. Any time I've posted on Craigslist I get a BUNCH of replies