1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

HOW TO TELL BODIES FENDER JAZZ BASS BODY

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gary mitchell, Dec 30, 2013.

1. gary mitchell

gary mitchell

I AM THINKING ABOUT BUILDING A BASS WITH MY GRANDSON. WE KNOW WHERE A BODY IS FAIRLY CHEAP 125 BUCKS. THE GUY HAS KNOW IDEA WHAT IT IS, AND WE CAN'T FIND ANY MARKINGS. IT DOES'NT LOOK LAMINATED. THERE IS KNOW SERIAL NUMBER IN THE THE NECK POCKET. IT MEASURE 13in WIDE AT THE WIDEST POINT 1.75 THICK. IT HAS A LITTLE SQUARE CUT OUT UP BY THE NECK PICKUP. I WAS IN THE SAME FIX WITH MY BASS I GAVE UP LOOKNG ON THE INTERNET. ANYWAY I HAVE SOME OLD PICKUPS AND MIM NECK. BUT IN THE FUTURE IT WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW THE DIFFERENT'S IN THESE BODY'S NECKS ARE NOT AS BAD TO FIND OUT.
  2. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

It's very nice of you to build a bass with your grandson but CAPITAL LETTERS DENOTE YELLING.

No need to shout.
  3. tom-g

tom-g

Whatever you're taking, it's not working to your advantage.
  4. BBKINGBASS

BBKINGBASS

if you can somehow show a pic, it would be the easiest way to help identify
  5. pfox14

pfox14

A picture is worth 1000 words - caps or no caps
  6. gary mitchell

gary mitchell

Sorry about the caps my eyes are bad helps to see better, when I see him I will try to get a picture. Do they mark them anywhere.
  7. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

YOU WILL OFTEN SEE A LITTLE STICKER IN THE NECK PUP ROUTE WITH A PART # ON FENDER BODIES THAT HAVE YET TO BE MOLESTED >>> HIGHLY UNLIKELY THERE IS ONE ON THIS BODY THOUGH ...

WE CANT POSSIBLY TELL ANYTHING WITHOUT PICTURE (S) .. THATS PLURAL, AS MANY AS YOU CAN GET ...

PICS AND A TAPE MEASURE SHOULD HELP US TO HELP YOU .. TAKE THE NECK WITH YOU WHEN YOU GO TO LOOK AT THE BODY AND SEE HOW IT FITS!!

OK??

... I know what its like to not see well ... hard hearing too ... but caps has never helped, everything seems to blend together ... it helps me to use ... dots ... to ... spead ... the ... words ... out ... ;)