1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

How to tell the difference between a Spector Euro4 and a Euro 4LX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by custom300, Aug 3, 2013.

1. custom300

custom300 Supporting Member

I'm looking for a Spector Euro4 with the thinner neck profile. Searching in an online environment, are there distinguishing characteristics to help identify a Spector as the Euro4 verses the newer Euro 4LX model?
  2. jcburn

jcburn

Visually front or back on its hard to tell but the older Euro models had solid maple wings, whereas the newer LX models have a strip of mahogany (or at least a darker coloured wood) that you can see from side on.
    The older versions came with an Aguilar OBP1 preamp as well.
  3. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Sponsored by Jagermeister Supporting Member

Yeah as JC mentioned, its mainly the body construction. The old Euro was all-maple body, which is what the classic NS2 of the 80's was.
    The LX has an alder body core with only a laminate maple top, as well as the thin walnut laminate between the two. Just my opinion, but that body construction has less attack, but YMMV.
    The LX's have slimmer necks from what I remember.
  4. custom300

custom300 Supporting Member

Hey thanks! So if a guy is advertising the Tone Pump, it's probably an LX, correct?
  5. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Sponsored by Jagermeister Supporting Member

The problem with used Euros for sale I see most of the time, the seller has no idea what year or which specific Euro it is. So most of the time I see nearly all old Euros being called "LX" and Tonepumps, with the info copy and pasted from Spectors website.
  6. dukeisdog

dukeisdog Supporting Member

+1

Best to ask for a pic of the open control cavity or email PJ from spector with the serial number and he'll let you know what you're looking at!