1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

How to tune my bass?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Innadi, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Innadi

Innadi

I recently bought a tuner, but I lost the instruction paper it came with. Here's how my tuner looks atm, how should I set it?[​IMG]
  2. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

That looks right on to me, try to find the user manual on the internet.
  3. Innadi

Innadi

Thank you for the help, FrenchBass. After a long and daunting search, I found a user manual online. :)
  4. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Cool :hyper:
  5. bggeezer

bggeezer Guest

learn to tune by ear? It can't hurt
  6. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Thou shall not F*** up the groove Supporting Member

If you are just a beginner or prefer having a tuner, then stick with the tuner ;)
  7. sammyp

sammyp

you don't need a manual for one of those! keep one thing in mind! see where it says "440"? there will be a switch in the back that will change this value to 441, 438 etc.....avoid hitting this switch ....you want to keep it at 440.

other than that, when the string puts the strobe perfectly in the middle you're good!
  8. bggeezer

bggeezer Guest

If you're a beginner it's doubly important to learn to tune by ear!:rollno:
  9. Mushroo

Mushroo

Welcome to the forums Innadi! I will assume from your question you have never taken a bass lesson with an experienced teacher? Sign up for a few lessons and learn how to tune your bass, where to put your hands, where the notes are located on the fretboard, how to make a pleasing sound on the instrument, what is the musical function of the bass line, etc. If there are no teachers where you live, we have some here on TalkBass who teach long-distance using Skype. :)