How To Wiring a Boss TU-3 tuner to a Sansamp Bass driver Deluxe

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rushfan73, Apr 12, 2014.

1. rushfan73

rushfan73

Hi,
    How should I wire the tuner to the Sansamp? The manuals are not clear to me as I am new to effects. Would it be best to run the power cord to the tuner and then daisy chain the power to the Sansamp? I want to be able to daisy chain both with the tuner coming before the Sansamp. If someone knows could you help a brother out? I'm not sure which inputs the cables should specifically go. I did search but I did not find specifically what I was looking for. I am running this into an Ampeg BA 210 sp, but I will NOT be using the on board effects in this application.
    This is just for practicing at home so no soundboards, just straight into my combo amp.
    Thanks for any and all input.

2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

BDDI deluxe doesn't use much power so should be fine to use the aux power from the tuner.

Bass _tuner_ bddi.

3. Rickenmonster

Rickenmonster Supporting Member

Run the power just like your question asked. Power into the tuner input and a daisy chain cord from the tuner's power output to the Sansamp's power input.

4. tech21nyc

tech21nyc

Disclosures:
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    When you daisy chain power cables you create a ground loop between the effects. If you're using a switch mode power supply you may get hum. Sometimes it works fine sometimes it doesn't. We don't recommend it.

My advice would be to run both pedals on battery power first and then add the power to the TU3 and listen for any noise change. If that's cool then daisy chain the TU3's courtesy outlet to the Bass Driver Deluxe and see if there is any increased noise. A little is acceptable but if there is a big hum you may need to use another isolated power supply.

5. Register to disable this ad