1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

How was everyones new year?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by TheFenderBender, Jan 1, 2014.

1. TheFenderBender

TheFenderBender

Personally, it was good but awful at the same time. I'm 17, first time trying champagne, and that didn't end well, ended up puking and feeling really sick, but however, drunken me must've been fiddling with my setup, as my rig sounds absolutely incredible this morning! Score!
  2. TheFenderBender

TheFenderBender

It's quite amazing how certain substances can have such a devastating and profound effect on someone, honestly probably the worst reaction I've ever had to a drink before. On a serious note, I'm not one to talk, but be safe everyone.
  3. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi Mr. TheFenderBender,

I used to overdo it. Not so much any more. Even in my hard drinkin' daze it seemed champagne would really make me lose it. But I could drink shots of tequila all night long.

Anyway, I just hope you've learned to treat alcohol with respect. It can be a devil. But, in moderation, can be kind of fun and playful.

I didn't drink at all this New Year's Eve. I played at Disneyland and The Mouse doesn't like that stuff. ;)

I'm glad your rig is sounding better. I wish you well in the coming new year. :)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
  4. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

A man has got to know his limitations.

We played 9~1 and I had two drinks at 8 pm. The rest of the night was water, plain coke, and one Monster(a little before midnight). Fun night but I drive 100 miles home from Houston after shows.
  5. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

No gig last night. I had to be at work yesterday morning at 6:20 a.m, so by about 10 p.m. last night I could hardly keep my eyes open. I tried to stay up with my wife and watch a movie but ended up going to bed about 10:45. Started to watch "New Years Rockin' Eve" but didn't even make it until the east coast ball drop at 11. I'm such a party animal!:D
  6. TheFenderBender

TheFenderBender

I totally understand, alcohol is a sinister thing. Probably going to leave champagne alone possibly indefinitely! I'm usually not a drinker, as I know the effects it can have on ones development, and based on how I'm feeling now. Don't think it's worth it to get totally drunk like that, those europeans know how to use it, unlike us americans who literally drink to get drunk :/
  7. Hamlet7768

Hamlet7768 Here to chew gum and rock. Still have gum. Supporting Member

I went laser-tagging with some friends and watched the ball drop there, then came home and "rang in" the year musically playing The Spirit of Radio, then went to bed.

Not a drop of alcohol around. I went to England last summer and tried a couple different drinks; the only one I didn't hate was scotch with a splash of water.
  8. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

My wife made me stay up to midnight, watch the ball drop, drink a glass of wine, and then off to bed. I'd like to think I fulfilled my spousal duties until Feb 7-14 (her birthday, Valentines Day).

Riis
  9. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Wifey is up north visiting a sick relative so I was alone for NYE. I was out before 10 so I missed the debut of the new year.
  10. LAST_C

LAST_C

Mine? Boring.
  11. Phalex

Phalex Yeah, I've got the moves like Jagger. Supporting Member

I had a fun night on NYE. Played cards with some friends, came home with $30.00...... I was not aware that I put on one hell of a buzz until I woke up yesterday. Holy CRAP! I'm not sure if I'm getting to be too old for that stuff, or if I drank like there wasn't going to be a tomorrow (currently Yesterday)....... My head hurt, I was tired, my guts were tied up in knots, and my butt was venting pure rarefied EVIL!

I feel pretty darn good today!
  12. Ethans39

Ethans39

I had a benefit Gig with 3 other bands, it went 7-1 and its the best I think our band has ever played, about 300 people, it was the best. No alcohol for me though Im only 16.
  13. Zooberwerx

....which means the man has principles or no imagination when it comes to the under-age purchasing of spirits. Either way, glad to hear the gig went well!

Riis
  14. rtslinger

rtslinger

Could have been better my oldest and his wife flight got delayed in Vegas so they never made it home for New Years.
  15. Ethans39

Ethans39

Just no interest really
  16. Slough Feg Bass

Slough Feg Bass

didn't want to fight traffic for $150 each at a gig that was 40 miles from home.
    had a nice dinner with the gf and a couple drinks at a local brewery.
    Then watched cheesy Elvis movies till the wee hours.
  17. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    If you are only 17, you shouldn't be drinking.

I did nothing New Year's Eve. My wife had to work New Year's Day so she went to bed at 8. I played my bass until 10 and then went to bed.
  18. shaboda

shaboda Supporting Member

played a great gig... drank, ate, partied till 5am, spent the night in the hotel... was a good night
  19. Zooberwerx

Understood and no offense intended. For that fact, you played NYE and I didn't so more power to you!

Riis
  20. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

I played the jam night at Cleopatra's Needle (a little jazz club in Manhattan) with a few of my friend's band mates. It was cool of them to let me sit in and it was a nice, low-key way to ring in 2014!