How would I best sell an Epiphone B4?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by E350, Oct 8, 2013.

1. E350

E350

I have an Epiphone B4 which I would like to sell, but I don't know how or where to sell it or how much I should ask. Any help would be appreciated.

I am not a musician, but I have owned it since I saved up to buy it at age 14 (45 years ago) and played it in folk Mass. It was stored at my Mom's for most of my adult life. Now I need to sell it.

As far as I can tell, it is in good although not perfect condition no cracks, is solid, has never been repaired, has no "buzz" and sounds clean, clear and deep. I looked for a serial number but I can't find one.

I have taken pictures, but can't post them since I am new to the forum. So, I could email them.

The bass is located in Sacramento, CA.

Yes, I used the search function before posting. This is what enabled me to determine the model number. However, I think I need more up to the minute information regarding how and where to sell and for how much in the current economy.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

2. eh_train

eh_train Supporting Member

Hi E350,

You can post it under the TB classifieds, at the bottom of this forum. An old Epiphone in good condition would likely generate some interest. If it's in good or better condition, it might go for $2,000 plus.

Serial number locations are discussed in a few posts that you can search out. It's either at the very bottom of the fingerboard (facing the ground), or at the bottom of the pegbox (also facing the ground when the bass is standing up).

Hope this helps,

Paul (Eh_train)

3. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Molly Kay is the Epiphone expert around here. Contact her.

This comes up in a search of the classifieds

Price is very dependent on the market in your location...

4. E350

E350

Just listed it on Sacramento craigslist and ebay for $2,500. See pictures there. Hoping for nibbles.

5. Register to disable this ad