how would you....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Legwon, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Legwon

Legwon

hi guys,
    Ive looked ALL over the place, and cant quite find what im looking for.
    I have just purchased a beautiful Jackson C20 concert bass from CraigsList. the guy said it had been sitting in his fathers storage for about 4-5 yrs.. couldnt put an exact yr on the original purchase of it.

now, from what i understand, the "serial" number or production number cannot tell you a yr or sometimes even the place it was made.
    my question is, IS there a way to tell the yr that they were made?
    or am i stuck guessing a timeframe of make?

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

3. Legwon

Legwon

ty for that.
    however its not dated past 2001. :s
    from what i gather, it should be a 2010 model?
    serial is 101XXX - only 6 digits.

another thing too, the number is on a sticker, not stamped in back of head(like ive seen some online), or on backplate(doesnt have one), or on bottom of fingerboard.
    does that seen right??

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

I don't have much experience with Jackson basses but sticker S/N's are not uncommon with low level Squiers and Fender bought Jackson long ago, so it is very possible it could be a sticker S/N. If this is a high level bass, I would look into it more, because that is odd.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Legwon

Legwon

looks like every other C20 ive seen online. dont see anything too special about it, other that its really nice paint job.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the picture doesnt quite do it justice :(

[​IMG]

7. tom once dead

tom once dead

I think the C20 is one of the lower end Jackson basses, I could be wrong though. But I remember the entry level Jackson guitars had/have sticker serial numbers, so you've got nothing to worry about.

8. tom once dead

tom once dead

How's the neck on it? That body shape looks incredibly comfortable to play.

9. Legwon

Legwon

it is pretty comfortable. the body feels great for me.
    i find the tone a little deeper that the Squier P-bass i have, also little bit lighter.
    the neck is bone straight, feels good in my hand, and possibly a fraction smaller than the p-bass in diameter.

i really like the tone it gives off.. and for only $100, pretty sure i won on this :)