1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hum/buzz cancelling... Help!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chunkyzz, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Chunkyzz

Chunkyzz

Heya guys!
    I got a nano atm with 2 effects,demeter compulator and a stmp 01 john east preamp,
    The thing is that i generate alot,but alot of buzz and hum like a guitar with distortion on high
    gain...
    Is there any way to reduce that?
    The chain is:bass-preamp-comp-amp...

Help!
  2. Adrisss

Adrisss

Hey !

There could be a lot of sources for hum/ buzz. Here is what comes up to my mind :

- Power isolation issues. Try to use seperate power sources or an isolated power block.

- A defective or too long jack. Try replacing each of 'em one by one and see if things go better.

- A defective effect. May come from a bad solder or from the inputs/outputs. Check if the buzz is still there when you get each pedal off the chain.

- Try changing your effects order.

- Try to rearrange all the cables, avoid that they cross each orhers and such. Also avoid that they cross mics and other amps cables.

- Is the noise still there when both effects are bypassed ?

- Is the noise present at home and at gigs/ sessions ?

These are only ideas, hope this could help !
  3. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Douglas Castro, Founder: DarkglassElectronics.com
    Hum is almost always somehow related to the power supply. Which one are you using?
  4. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp Supporting Member

Unless he's got a passive jazz bass.