Hum from VT Bass Deluxe FX Loop

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sgt_Pappar, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Sgt_Pappar

Sgt_Pappar

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a VT Bass Deluxe to add some tonal options to my sound.

The pedal chain goes like this:

Korg Tuner --> Tech21 Red Ripper --> Jam Dynassor Compressor --> VT Bass --> FX Send --> EBS Tremolo --> TC Flashback --> TC Hall of Fame --> FX Return --> TC BG500

All the pedals are powered by a Voodoo Lab Power Pedal 2. The current draw is 100mA or less for each pedal.

The problem is that when I activate the FX Loop there is a noticeable hum coming from the speaker. :confused:

If I put the effects after the VT Bass (like this: Korg Tuner --> Tech21 Red Ripper --> Jam Dynassor Compressor --> VT Bass --> EBS Tremolo --> TC Flashback --> TC Hall of Fame --> TC BG500) the hum is gone and everything is quiet.

If I stop power supplying the pedals in the loop then everything is quiet again (the sound goes through as they are true bypass pedals).

As I would like to send my signal to the PA from the VT Bass DI, I need those modulation pedals in the FX Loop without the annoying hum.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of it? Any help would be highly appreciated. :help:

2. alec

alec

What if you power those pedals from batteries?

3. Sgt_Pappar

Sgt_Pappar

I tried everything yesterday and I noticed that when the jack cables linking the pedals of the loop were far from the Voodoo Power Pedal the hum disappeared. In the configuration of my pedaltrain, 2 of the jack cables of the loop pedals (2 of the loop pedals also) are right above the Voodoo Power Pedal. It must be a "magnetic field thing" which creates the hum when the FX Loop is on, or something like that.

As I don't have enough space on my pedalboard to reconfigure the pedals, is there a simple way to isolate the Voodoo Power Pedal (which is mounted under the Pedaltrain) from the jack cables?