1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Humidity Meter For Bass Guitar.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenG, Jan 28, 2014.

1. ZenG

ZenG

Is it worth buying one of those humidity meters?

Humidity is a factor affecting the woods used to build the bass.....

Are there critical points of concern as to the humidity level at any given period throughout the year?

Is there a "normal" zone?

Is a place that has fluctuating humidity harder on guitars than a place that is (a) dry all the time ....or (b) high humidity all the time?
  2. BassNeo

BassNeo

I have one in my basement and try to keep the room between 45 - 50%.

I have been told it's acoustics and hollowbodies that are most susceptible to fluctuations. I notice it in the action when the humidity goes outside of my desired range.

My local guitar shop has four humidifiers running 24/7 right now because of this really cold dry weather we've been having here in Ontario.
  3. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

I have a remote meter inside of my Martin acoustic so I can monitor the temp and humidity without opening the case it's around 51% inside the case.