1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Humidity Meter For Bass Guitar.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenG, Jan 28, 2014.

1. ZenG

ZenG

Is it worth buying one of those humidity meters?

Humidity is a factor affecting the woods used to build the bass.....

Are there critical points of concern as to the humidity level at any given period throughout the year?

Is there a "normal" zone?

Is a place that has fluctuating humidity harder on guitars than a place that is (a) dry all the time ....or (b) high humidity all the time?

2. BassNeo

BassNeo

I have one in my basement and try to keep the room between 45 - 50%.

I have been told it's acoustics and hollowbodies that are most susceptible to fluctuations. I notice it in the action when the humidity goes outside of my desired range.

My local guitar shop has four humidifiers running 24/7 right now because of this really cold dry weather we've been having here in Ontario.

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I have a remote meter inside of my Martin acoustic so I can monitor the temp and humidity without opening the case it's around 51% inside the case.