1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hybrid Drob B (5 String) Set Up.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Joey Young, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Joey Young

Joey Young

Hey everyone!

A friend of mine wants me to join his hardcore band as a bass player though I am primarily a guitar player. We are based in drop B and I only have my brother's fender jazz bass which obviously sounds terrible in drop B + its a jazz bass lol.

I have had my heart set on an LTD D5 for a longtime but things get a little tricky for 5 sting basses in drop B.

I was wondering if there was any way possible to get a 5 string bass set up to play B, B, F# B, E# where the first two B's are the same note and same gauge.

I am aware that the tension would slack off A LOT. but the double B combo could provide some extra brutality in breakdowns etc. :bassist: but I don't know how practical this set up would be though it sounds awesome in theory (to me lol).

thoughts?