I Am Asexual

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Casting Thunder, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

http://www.asexuality.org/home/overview.html

I'm asexual or Ace, I've never desired anyone sexually. I get sex as a means to reproduce, but when people start doing it as a recreational habit my reaction is :eyebrow: .

Discuss, ask questions, have fun.
  2. paste

paste Banned

I used to tell people I was asexual because I was embarrassed of how little I got. ¢.02
  3. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Ever had the desire for children, seeking the end result, if not the means?

Though I get that that will probably depend on the individual (heck, I'm heteo but have zero desire to have kids!).
  4. lilcrate

lilcrate Supporting Member

Interesting...Do you masturbate? Are you a virgin?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. line6man

line6man

I have a question for you.

I've noticed that the LGBT community (parts of it, anyway) has a hypocritical tendency to divide itself into a sort of hierarchy. Asexuals are one group that gets the short end of the stick. Have you experienced any discrimination in this regard?
  7. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

Okay now it's heteo? I can't keep up with all this. :p :bag:
  8. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

Nothing really to ask. It seems based on your two posts on the subject that this has just dawned on you. That's fine. There's no time limit on determining sexuality (or lack thereof). You are who you are. You aren't better, worse, defective, or special just because of this. As long as you don't wear it on your sleeve you should be fine.

The only advantage I can see is that you will be able to concentrate on other productive tasks whereas for many of us "getting some", and all the steps it takes to get to that point will distract us.

Just enjoy being you. You seem like a neat person based on what little I can pickup from a few interwebs posts.
  9. bassinplace

bassinplace

:eyebrow: is the reaction I have when trying to understand not wanting sex, so I guess we can understand each other that much, lol. ;) :) I do find it interesting though. I haven't had any serious relationship in over 5 years due to the fact that I'm just done with it. Not that I don't have any sexual desire, that actually hasn't diminished at all, just my desire to get emotionally involved has. I would think it might be a lot easier to have a girlfriend if there were no sex involved, but there's no way I could ever do that. If you don't mind sharing (if you do, that's fine too), have you had any serious relationships and if so how did they turn out for you?
  10. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

I personally have never wanted to have bio kids. I remember being 12 and chatting with friends about having a family one day and I totally out of the blue said "Yeah it'd be cool to adopt."
  11. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the Afterparty Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Schroeder Cabinets, D'addario, Planet Waves
    My lady has never wanted kids either. We've been together almost 10 years and its never been an issue for me. We've discussed adoption (once we feel we are financially secure enough to provide for another human being), and that's cool too. Realistically it's not up to me anyway.. haha.

Good on you for being who you are. Enjoy every minute of it.
  12. paste

paste Banned

If you don't want to answer, you don't haved to. Have you ever had sex before, and if not, how do you know you wont like it? Also, again, if you don't mind answering its fine, how old are you? This is somewhat relevant as I know some people who literally didn't start liking girls until they were like 18, which sort of blows my mind.
  13. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

I'm going to plead the 5th on the first one (but you know that old saying about why bass players make great boyfriends? :ninja: assume away) Secondly, medically yes, my church would say otherwise.
    I have not dealt with LGBT groups, but I've wanted to, just haven't had the opportunity. I have met a queer gendered person who was really cool, queer gendered people and asexual tend get along since there's a lot of romantic orientation overlap.
    Romantic no, platonic yes. By anyone else's standards that relationship would of been just him stringing me along, but I was happy as a clam.
  14. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man. Supporting Member

Is your name Dr. Beverly Hofstadter? Hey, any opportunity for a Big Bang Theory reference.

But seriously, your comment about sex for pleasure raising your eyebrow seems as if you own a chip about it. Have you been teased about it? Why the eyebrow, the stinky eye? Curious, not picking!
  15. Toolmybass

Toolmybass Supporting Member

winner winner...chicken dinner :eyebrow:
  16. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

I'm 20 and have identified as asexual for two years. There tends to be two types of asexuals, sexually repulsed and sexually indifferent. I'm the latter. I want to try it down the road sometime, but right now getting sick or knocked up would be horrible, so I have no interest in trying.
  17. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

I didn't mean that as a stink eye! The whole concept just makes me raise an honest eyebrow. I was told off once for not wanting to hear about bodily fluids while eating, but besides that no.
  18. paste

paste Banned

At least your open minded, which is good. Thanks for answering. To be honest, if you look at sex objectively (not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts) sex is messy and dirty, so I can at least sympathize with asexuals who are sexually repulsed.
  19. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Disclosures:
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    You are aware that there are ways to enjoy sexuality without having either one of those happen to you; right?
  20. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

yeah,.. i'm kinda like you. i find humans spend waaaay too much time, energy, and resources trying to get laid, (or is it layed). i desire sex from a sexy female all night and day, but my tolerance for typical male vs female BS greatly reduces my interactions!
  21. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man. Supporting Member

Can't fault you for that! Blech!

You are who you are and that is perfection!