1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

I am building the TL 606..anyone want to see pics??

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jimo, Feb 3, 2013.

1. jimo

jimo

I am building this thing,,anyone want to see pics or has that already been done to death?? hahaha

2. bass4peace

bass4peace

3. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

I would be interested.....till you get all her clothes on then they all look alike :p :bag:

4. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav

Disclosures:
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    DIY rules! Let's see em!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Are you using 1/2" or 3/4" ply?

7. Jim C

Jim C

If weight is a concern consider 1/2" or 5/8" ply with different bracing
    I still use the one I built in the mid 80's and used oak plywood
    It looks great stained but is heavy

8. jimo

jimo

Using 1/2"..with cross bracing..How do you screw it together with no corner bracing and still miss the screws with your round over bit?

9. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Use PL Premium to glue. Once the panels are set up, you can remove the screws. Or dont use any screws, and just use clamps.

10. jimo

jimo

Great!, Thanks, I glued the cab together today and used finish nails, just driven in halfway, so I could get them out.....screws might have been better, and just backed them out. The nails seems to have worked though, I'll check it out tomorrow. Thanks again!!!

11. jimo

jimo

I would also value your opinions on Handles , Corners, and speaker attachment screws. Pics will be upcoming, the good , the bad, and the ugly! hahahaha

12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Very cool you can work with wood. I can't cut two pieces of wood the same size.

13. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

Many choices for handles and corners with locking and non locking. For mounting speakers, drill holes for T-Nuts that mount from the inside. You can then use machine screws #8 (SAE) work well and use either split-lock washers or internal tooth lock washers with the machine screws.

14. jimo

jimo

I cut this out with a skill saw...I have a table saw, but it is buried under a bunch of stuff..hahaha..So...it could have been more precise....hopefully it will work. .I have an old Ampeg Portaflex B-15...BTW...it is pretty beat up, but sounds good. I noticed you were endorsed by them. Great Amp!!

15. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Sure is a great amp! Which B-15 do you have? You should post a pic or two of it in the Portaflex Club thread.

16. jimo

jimo

It is a B-15N...It has a 15" Blue Ampeg Speaker. I will get some pics to put over there in the club. I would like to know what year it was made.