I deleted my facebook....have you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by NelsonNelson, Jan 6, 2013.

1. NelsonNelson

NelsonNelson

I just deleted my facebook. I've come to the conclusion as a man I cannot stand reading about people going on and on about themselves constantly or about their stupid sport they love or showing some retarded instagram picture of their food.

Any else want to high five me and share?
  2. Ziltoid

Ziltoid Supporting Member

Your thread sounds awfully like the kind of facebook bragging you complain about.
  3. NelsonNelson

NelsonNelson

Sounds to me like you're a troll.
  4. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

I never got on it to begin with.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

I de-activated (not deleted) my Facebook account just over a week ago. I'd been on Facebook for a little over a year and just got fed up with it. So far I don't miss it at all.
  7. Ziltoid

Ziltoid Supporting Member

I'm not, well not in this case.

You complain about people talking about their achievements, be it in sports or other stuff. They do it to brag, or be congratulated. You come here, talk about your accomplishments (family + FB delete) and ask for a high-five!

Pretty darn similar to me.

edit: I notice you deleted the family part of you post.
  8. macrocheesium

macrocheesium

I have everyone except a few close friends blocked and never post anything. Basically I just use it for the messaging and to keep up with band news.
  9. gene beauchamp

gene beauchamp Supporting Member

I think he is just stating what is important in life to him.Not drama,just facts.
  10. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

it never goes away!!!:(

my story: when Fb first began someof my friends implored me to sign-up. i did the typical registration and immediately FREAKED-OUT! every person that had my e-mail addy was instantly linked to my account, so i un-registered, un-subscribed, etc. (OR SO I THOUGHT)

although that happened years ago, after no more than being a member for 5min. i still get hassled by them! at least every month i get hit with the guerilla marketing ploys as if i'm still registered. i have tried to call. i have written e-mails. i have un-subscribed.

NOTHING WORKS!!!! :help:
  11. nortonrider

nortonrider

I've never bought into the whole concept.
    Never had a facebook account - never even been on anyones to see what all of the fuss is.

I don't feel as if I am missing anything.
  12. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

I signed up when you still needed a .edu email to sign up. I just deactivated it a week ago and I don't miss it at all.

lowsound
  13. hover

hover

I started the process today, as a matter of fact...
  14. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

If you go back in and check settings. There are, or at least were, websites thay would wipe it for you.

When I signed up I unchecked the bit where they added all your email contacts.

I still have mine, while there are some typical crass goings on, its a useful tool for keeping in contact with people I know who now live on all different corners of the globe. Just seems a bit of a step up over regular email.

I will say that I'm getting fed up with the game invites!
  15. capnsandwich

capnsandwich

I had 2 Facebook pages, one for my friends from school, work, old friends from school etc., and one for my church friends. I had to separate them because I was having issues with people posting stuff on my wall that wasn't so "churchy" and then my church friends asking me what that was all about. I simply separated them and never heard anything again. Well, I got tired of posting gig spam on 2 different profiles and trying to remember who already got an invite from my other page, since some friends were on both profiles, so I recently deleted the church profile and just added people that I wanted to my main one.

As far as all the FB drama, I don't get in to all of it. It's just as easy to skip over posts that you don't want to read as it is to delete your Facebook for it. Plus, I get to see what my high school friends are up to. I don't get to see them very much since they're mostly still in Maryland and I'm here in Ohio.
  16. macrocheesium

macrocheesium

You can block them really easily. IIRC all of the invites show up under "game feed" and there's an option to hide all invites from that game or person right next to it.
  17. acubass

acubass

I just deleted my iPhone Facebook app. I check it way to often.
  18. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Will need to look into it, I stopped getting notified invites, but still get people posting stuff that appears on the feed. Never tinkered with anything since they changed formats a few months back.
  19. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Nope. I love Facebook. I love socializing! I block what I don't wanna see!
  20. AmpedSilence

AmpedSilence

I use it as a tool to communicate with people and like others have said, I skip over the stuff I don't care about. You can set your page up in a way that you can just receive "important updates from friends. So now I just get the stuff I'd be interested in seeing.
    That and I don't add friends who I would close my FB account over..
  21. Lonesomedave

Lonesomedave Supporting Member

will somebody please tell me what a "troll" is?

maybe i'm just hypersensitive because Jauqo used to call me one all the time, but i am really curious.

if you don't want to invite comments, why do you post in the first place?

i don't care one way or the other about FaceBook, but i see by the third or fourth post the OP is calling someone a troll, merely for expressing an opinion...i mean, c'mon.

maybe in all OP's, if you only want people who agree with you, and will consider those who disagree with you to be "trolling", you should say so.

[​IMG]