I don't remember when I bought my Stingray5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MattGreer, Feb 10, 2014.

1. MattGreer

MattGreer

Is there a way to tell from the serial number?

The longer story is that I bought it, but Guitar Center gave me a 4-string to use in the meantime. So I had the 4-string for close to a year and a half before the correct (they configured the bass I wanted wrong, so they had to re-order) bass showed up. So I don't remember when, exactly, I received the bass. I'm thinking 2009, but it may have been 2008? I don't remember...
  2. drTSTingray

drTSTingray

Post your serial number in the thread on the EBMM forum and they will tell you when it was built
  3. AMp'D.2play

AMp'D.2play Supporting Member

Here's a listing of Stingray 5 serial numbers. Get yours (look on the neckplate) and see where it falls in sequence. It might not give you the exact month & year it was made, but a good ballpark estimate. It could at least narrow it down to the year, as you asked.

Or, as the poster above mentioned, post your serial # on the EBMM forum and you'll get your answer.
  4. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!!

Go to music-man.com and click the link to Contact Us and send an email to their Customer Service with your serial number. They will email you back within a day and tell you everything about your bass.
  5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The helpful guy at MM customer service got me the serial date of my Big Al in under an hour.

10/20/10...almost to the date of my Precision V build.
  6. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin' Supporting Member

7. MattGreer

MattGreer

Beautiful bass there, lpdeluxe.

The situation is I'm going to sell or trade the Stingray5, so I'm sure someone is going to ask how old it is. Got a Bongo6, so I'm hoping to trade the Stingray5 straight up for a 4 string but if I have to I'll sell it and buy something.

At work at the moment so I don't have the s/n handy. Thank you guys for the help!
  8. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin' Supporting Member

Thank you.:D