I finally found the tone in my head and it's exciting!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BigDanT, Apr 9, 2014.

1. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

After years of searching for "that tone" that was in my head I think I've finally found what I wanted. I've been through plenty of basses, amps, effects, strings and various other things and I think simplicity may have been the key to finding what I was looking for all along!!

My current setup is as follows:
    2013 Fender Am Standard P
    D'addario Chromes (about a month in)
    Sansamp BDDI
    Ampeg Portaflex 350
    Ampeg 115HE/210

I have been playing with this setup and also swapping in my 2007 jazz (wearing Roto 66s).

I know this setup isn't anything too outside the box but boy do I love the options it gives me.

I finally feel like this rig/basses/string combo gives me all the tones I need from heavy thump to warm and fuzzy to rough and clanky.

My intention isn't to brag about my gear or say that this is THE setup for everyone. I'm sure it isn't. But just to merely express my joy with my current equipment.

Dare I ask, is my GAS now a thing if the past?

I'd also love to hear others' stories about when they finally found that elusive "tone in their heads."
  2. AudioDwebe

AudioDwebe Supporting Member

Just a guess...

Right after your post you went over to the classifieds, yes?
  3. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Nah! There couldn't possibly be anything in there for me. (Well maybe just a quick look).
  4. charismaticdog

charismaticdog

Love the pf350. I run mine into a pair of AV210's. Great tone and light weight. Which is good because I'm usually hauling a guitar rig as well.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn

Same set up. Love it!