I found my sound!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hgiles, Dec 19, 2012.

1. hgiles

hgiles

I think I heard my bass for the first time last night. As many of you know I am in the beginning stages of learning bass.

I have been mostly practicing through a Yamaha MSR100 8" powered speaker. It really is a nice sounding monitor, and playing the bass through it was nice, if not authoritative.

Well my wife bought me a set of headphones. Sony MDR 7506. Wow. Fwiw, I am running through a Yamaha 10/2 mixer. Seriously though! I think I heard my bass for the first time! So clean and warm and nice! I love the sound! Thats the kind of sound I want for my rig! Is this what you guys refer to as the Hi Fi sound?

I have a Genz Benz 3.0 head, but no cab yet. I am hunting down a Genz xb210 cab hoping that'll get me where I need to be...

Any feedback, suggestions, advice is appreciated!

2. RonChase

RonChase

That's cool so now take the ball and run, I have never owned Genz amps but hear good things about them, I have owned about 6 or 7 Yamaha bass's over the years though I think they are a good all around lnstrument suited to wide range of styles, good luck

3. MrCincinnati

MrCincinnati

If you liked how it sounded on the 7506s try turning the treble up on your rig. the 7506s have a curve that really emphasizes sizzle