I got a new Fretless!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by madbassplaya, Jun 22, 2013.

1. madbassplaya

madbassplaya Supporting Member

It's been a CRAZY week! What better way to wind it down than with a NBD. This baby was waiting for me at the Post Office due to me being out of town the past week.

I always swore off fretless basses until I got a Squier VM Modified Fretless and realized how freeing it was (even though I sucked) and I felt like my fretted playing improved as well. Ended up selling the Squier at the time (hated the body) because it dinged and chipped way too easily. Then I found this bad boy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It came with a pg but not attached. I'm kinda digging it without one. Haven't got to play it much yet or through an amp but the weekend is young! :)
  2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Congrats man!
  3. MrAstro

MrAstro

Looks great - now go play that sucker!
  4. tsar nicholas

tsar nicholas

super fresh!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassbenj

bassbenj

Wow an old headstock fretless SX with luck-out wood grain and even a decent bridge!

Man that's vintage gold! I've got one very similar in a 5er that at first I didn't like too much but the more I played it the better it sounded to me until now it's one of my favorite fretless axes!
  7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
  8. Matthew_84

Matthew_84

I think a white, or better, a cream coloured pickguard would suit that nicely. That way you can shield that bass, without the copper or black paint taking too much away from how good she looks. Congrats
  9. madbassplaya

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Played it tonight for the first time plugged up to an amp! I've been helping my fiance renovate her (our) house and haven't had a ton of time. This thing is MWAH city! Neck needs to be adjusted a tad probably and I'll be putting new strings on soon. The pickups sound killer!

I'm not really worried about a pg (I kinda like it naked although I have a black one) and shielding because I suck on a fretless and this will never see gig time (atleast not anytime soon).
  10. RyanJD

RyanJD Supporting Member

Beautiful!

What's with that neck pickup route?
    Could you fit a P pickup in there? :p
  11. madbassplaya

That's the pool for the kids to play in! I can't complain about a route like that on an SX when a Fender American Standard has similar routing:

[​IMG]
  12. GM60466

GM60466

how does it sound?
  13. madbassplaya

It sounds very mwice!