1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

I gotta hand it to Digitech...TL-2 Distortion impressive!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by excane, Jan 11, 2009.

1. excane

excane Banned

So I ran out this morning to guitar center and picked up the last TL-2 hardwire pedal in stock.

I have been tooling around with it for the last 3 hours and so far I am VERY impressed. I will be giving a real review after I try it with the band, but sound, construction, etc. are all there.

I never was impressed with their products (except the whammy's) but these might give Boss a run for their money.

I'm testing it with all my basses, including my 18 volt Fender Deluxe and MTD American to see how the pedal handles the higher output.
    I'm also A/B'ing it next to the death metal as you can see, I'll let you know how they compare.

I'll be sitting here (watching the Giants game) annoying my neighbors for the next few hours. Go Big Blue.

[​IMG]

2. excane

excane Banned

So far, so good. I'm really liking the distortion texture....it can get really buzzy and very chunky. Plenty of headroom.

3. PunkRocker33133

PunkRocker33133

Does this mean you're selling the Landmine? And any reason we never got clips?

4. excane

excane Banned

No, I don't think I'm selling the Landmine. It still has a scooped death sound that the TL-2 can't really get.

Reason is, I'm building another board that will be used about 50/50 for bass and guitar so I wanted pedals that will work great for both.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. excane

excane Banned

When I have more time to sit and record some quality clips, I will gladly do so.

7. afroman

afroman

I had the Hardwire Delay.
    Great sound, plenty of headroom and lots of features.

Sold it, got a Nova Delay.
    Now I miss it. Thinking of selling the Nova and getting another Hardwire.

Will wait for a more complete review of the Distortion.
    Maybe some soundclips?;)

8. lousybassist

lousybassist

As I'm always on the search for another delay pedal, I'd love to read a more in-depth comparison between the Nova and the Hardwire. Maybe in a dedicated thread? :)

9. katri

katri

There was a 3 delay shoot out thread between the nova digitech and mxr carbon copy done by Afroman

10. lousybassist

lousybassist

Oops! I must have goldfish memory, 'cause I looked it up and found out that I had posted in that very thread...

11. afroman

afroman

Yes I did post a thread on them.
    Glad you found it.

The Nova is the great every feature, knob tweaker, preset saver of delay pedals. I just kind of found out that it has too much for what I probably need. It's just probably the meat-and-potatoes mindset i have. I like simple stuff, not to many knobs, simple setup and go.

The Nova sound great, but everytime I turn on my Carbon Copy after the Nova, the CC just beats it soundwise. Maybe I'm asking too much from a digital delay.

The Hardwire on the other hand, IMO sounds better than the Nova, is cheaper, smaller, has more usable sounds IMO but the tap tempo thing was the deal-breaker for me. Know I was even thinking of getting the Hardwire again and getting a small true-bypass loop so I can leave the Hardwire in Tap Tempo mode always and just turn it of with the looper.

Maybe I'm just overthinking stuff....:rolleyes:

12. TravTrav

TravTrav

Did you find the time in these past couple of years?:D