1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

I had no idea

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Indiana Mike, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

A boil could hurt so much.

Yeeeeooooowwwwww

Big, hot, 2"+diameter, deep mass.

Went to the doc ,to deep to do anything right now . Got antibiotics. I was told to come back if it gets worse or not better in a few days.

Any tips for pain relief?

Tried hot compresses and rest as I stayed home today . I can't walk right ,that's how much it hurts . They knew it hurt as my breathing and speaking was abnormal.

"take ibuprofen" is not doing it.
  2. Immigrant

Immigrant Supporting Member

Ouch!

My dad used to like freaking me out with a story about being in the army during WWII and having a boil on his bag. I sincerely hope yours isn't there.

I'm no doctor, I just play one on Internet forums, but if they sell Ibuprofen 800 mg south of Cali, then it's gotta be safe. I'd be ODing for sure. Call your doctor and ask for Vicoprofen; not too many doctors even know of its existence. It has ibuprofen plus hydrocodone to help you not give a $4!t.
  3. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Supporting Member

Don't look it up on YouTube.
  4. Stumbo

Stumbo Supporting Member

I suggest you find another doctor.

For the pain level you're describing your doc is remiss in your treatment. Ask for a shot of demeral for that level pain. Drs. have to treat you for pain at the pain level you describe. Unfortunately, since a few docs have been over prescribing pain meds and people have died, too many docs are afraid to prescribe the narcotic pain relivers to their current patient's detriment.

You may have to go to the emergency for proper treatment and pain meds.

You may also want to read this: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001474.htm

Hope you feel better.
  5. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Personally, i would definitely call back & ask for something stronger ... Like Tylenol #3 or vico-anything. Doesn't mean they'll give it to you for reasons mentioned above, but u definitely won't get it if u don't ask. Hope that gets better soon, friend.
  6. surgay

surgay

Drug store.
    Get "boil ease"
    Apply
    Feel better soon.