i hate people

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by curbowkid, Nov 10, 2012.

1. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Im writing this half asleep and angry as all get out.

I bust my @** for my current job. I have been for almost two years. And all my boss can do is harp on the things i miss or forget. Mind you i do almost everything for this f****** place and then some. Im employed as a dishwasher/cook/danquet worker and ive installed floors in this place myself and fixed everything that breaks. And its a real kick in the teeth when my boss can do is talk down about what i do and give me ****. I have never been more happy to leave a job than i am now. I have my dream job calling my name and im leaving the state for it soon. I came inches away from telling my boss flat out "im done. I want my pay in full right now". Ive never felt so disrespected in my life. I know some of you are going to say just finish up my two weeks and be done but it is oh so tempting to tell my boss to go sit on a rail spike. Ive done so much for that place and i catch ****

Rant over

2. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

You need a giant feline bro hug.

[​IMG]

3. KiDD QuE

KiDD QuE

I Second that ^^^^^

4. capnsandwich

capnsandwich

Stay your 2 weeks and move on. They'll miss you in time but you need to leave a good track record to wherever you go to next.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

It's gonna be okay...just think, the world is opening up for you. New opportunities are coming along, but he's probably stuck where he's at. The sun has set on him...take your satisfaction from that. Oh, and leave a giant bag of dog poo hidden somewhere in his office on your last day.

7. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are.

I've worked for that guy. Don't take anything he says personally. He treats everyone like that. Themore you do, the more he wants. He's not worth one brain wave. Think of him more as a cartoon character.

Imagine being his kid.

+1 to putting in your two weeks without incident.

Good luck.

8. nortonrider

nortonrider

People treat you the way you allow them to treat you,
    bosses included.

Feel disrespected? Tell him about it.

9. Schlyder

Schlyder

Upper Decker... LOL just sayin ;)

10. Corbeau

Corbeau

Two weeks can seem really long when you're in an unhappy situation. It depends if you really need the guy's references. If you do, then you should stick it out. If you don't, just demand to leave.

11. Ziltoid

Ziltoid Supporting Member

In situations like this ask yourself : What would Babar do?

12. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

LOL

13. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Update.

He sent me a text saying im fired basicly.

14. Winfred

Winfred

We get what we tolerate.

Get a good night's sleep. Then move on to something else.

15. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

I plan too. I have alot of work ahead of me for this big move. Im glad its over though

16. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Bummer...I was gonna suggest the George Costanza approach.

http://youtu.be/cL2oWp31DGY

17. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Banned

It's easy for people to say "take the high road."

I'd tell the boss to take a hike (although in more colorful language) and that will probably be your proudest moment of all your life... as it should be. Too many people let themselves be a doormat and a-holes like that take advantage... and pile on, and on, and on.

I'm not surprised to see the pattern continued like this. Learn from the experience and stand up for yourself in the future.

Good luck tackling this big move. I've done it and it's stressful and requires a period of adjustment afterwards but it'll be enjoyable later.

18. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Banned

I saw your update.

Your ex-boss has shown his true colors. I'd text him back a text that'd make most people blush here.

What a classy move by that guy. Getting fired by text. That's a new low.

19. Sam Hain

Sam Hain

I'd show up to work and slip on the floor suffering a grand injury. Then deny you got the text. When he says your fired after the fall I'd sue him.

Actually I wouldn't do any of that but it sure would be fun. Enjoy your new job!

20. gene beauchamp

gene beauchamp Supporting Member

Bosses generally like to make you feel like you are not good enough so you dont ask for a raise. He probably thinks you are great.

21. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

You have no part in this? Generally when things go wrong, I look honestly for how I might have acted that played a part.

This could be of course an exception, but for the most part, people who do a good job like you are describing...well it usually doesn't come to this.