I hate to say SVT Pro7 ????

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by johnnynitro, Aug 15, 2013.

1. johnnynitro

johnnynitro

I have a SVT Pro7 rev C With two SVT 410 He's I have had it a little over a year, It's never left my apartment, Been played at low volume. Was playing it yesterday heared a pop and that was it! No sound,No power, no light ! Checked everything that I could ! Have three auditions next week ! I really like this thing,But now once I get it fixed I'll never fully trust it again !!! I have been playing for over 40 years ! And have played thru some real crapy amps in my day.But never one thats just flat stoped working !! And as new as it is ! Im not trying to bash Ampeg !!!! But Im at a loss now ! Hell my GK rb400 lasted for over 20 years of abuse ALWAYS WORKED !!!!!!!!!! Thanks for letting me vent !!!!
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Well at least you have company in your frustration with LOUD/Ampeg SVT 7 "Pro"s. Have seen the same here a few times.
  3. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Amplague strikes again...

I'm sure one of their supporters will be along anytime now to tell us it's "only 1%"...

Best of luck, OP - I wouldn't buy an Ampeg amp unless it was all tube...

- georgestrings
  4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Don't forget the "Mine has been flawless" folks. Great thing to rub in the face of someone with a failure.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. arai

arai

And the user error folk ;)

Sorry OP sucks when something like this happens
  7. IPYF

IPYF

This sucks. At least have a crack at politely getting in touch with Ampeg customer service, quote your serial number and see if they'll help out. I know there's been a lot of negativity surrounding the CS of this brand but I think it's always a good idea to have a crack regardless.
  8. VeganThump

VeganThump

That's too bad bud, sorry to hear about your amp. It's a shame because its really only about a 1% failure rate and mine has been flawless since I got it, perhaps your problem was user error?
  9. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

Mine was flawless for the 6 months I had it. I got a message this week from the person I sold it to 8 months ago. It went up over the weekend. I assume since he said Saturday night, it was at a gig :meh:
  10. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

[​IMG]

The trifecta
  11. Mvilmany

Mvilmany

Did you check the fuse?
  12. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    John K Custom Basses
    mine worked perfect for a year and then one day it popped and went dead. it's sitting in a corner of my house-DEAD. it's too bad, since I liked it while it worked.
  13. majortoby

majortoby

I don't get it. It's probably the best-sounding I've ever layed hands on, yet it's shaping up to have the worst track record of any amp I've ever seen.

Alas, she is the best AND the worst.

Maybe the Bugera version will have these issues ironed out? ;)
  14. IPYF

IPYF

That would actually be a really good place to start.
  15. MeLikeBass

MeLikeBass Supporting Member

Had the same exact thing happen to me. Bought one in december of 2011, died in early 2012, POP and dead. Of course LOUD made good on the warranty with a REV C model and all was good. Then in August 2012, I think, same POP, same dead head... LOUD returned my money and I moved on. Bad head, great customer service. And yes, fuse was checked, Loud asked me the same thing :)

I will say I loved the head and have an Ampeg BA115 combo that I use for practice and never had any problems with it.
  16. slade

slade

such a bummer. Mine has been flawless and pushed very hard- guess you guys are starting to make me nervous. For the record it's the first Ampeg I've owned, although I've gigged them as backlines for years. After using it and the Streamliner multiple times on the same nights live there was no comparison. That said, if it blew up I wouldn't buy another I suppose. Not shocked to see the same ampeg haters jumping in here, but that does as little to help the OP as the Ampeg fanboys. Hope you get your gear straightened out quickly my friend- sorry you're ampless
  17. andrew

andrew

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Regenerate Guitar Works
    What amp are you doing your pedal recordings with now John?
  18. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    John K Custom Basses
    either my GK 1001 RBII or my Yamaha BT500H.
  19. andrew

andrew

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Regenerate Guitar Works
    Is that what is on your Gamma Bass OD pedal sample, the GK or Yamaha?
  20. worxforme

worxforme Self Actualized Bad Speller Supporting Member

I hope the last pf500 thread has quelled the supporters spouting hollow words filled with delusional data.

Seriously, I'm super sorry OP and to set the record straight I'm not an Amplague hater, I dislike any company without integrity, nothing more.

Let me know if they don't take care of you and I'll donate $50 toward repairs if you promise to sell it afterwords and get yourself an amp by another company... One that stands behind it's products with actions, not words.
  21. blowinblue

blowinblue official non-user of Fender and Ampeg Supporting Member

This is possibly the best Ampeg related post since the inception of Talkbass. So few words...but it says so much.

To be truthful I haven't had one bit of trouble with their amps since 1980. That was the year I parted with my great sounding but overweight, underachieving B15-N. Through some incredibly good fortune I've been able to resist the lure of the 'Ampeg' name all of these years. Maybe that's why almost every one of my posts includes a smiley face. :)

M. M.