I just couldn't resist...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr L, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Mr L

Mr L

Went down to my local long and mcquade today to pick up a new gig bag for my recently purchased SX...

A guy had just traded in an Epiphone Accubass (i believe that's what it is called) for $50... With a gig bag and strap! I just couldn't pass it up... The neck it really nice which surprised me and it is actually very quick and smooth... really like it. Pickups don't sound bad but don't sound great just kind of "Meh". Holds tune really well.

Overall i am very surprised at the performance of this bass... Plus it looks pretty cool i might add.

And of course no pics means no bass so...

[​IMG]

Sorry for the terrible phone quality picture.

Gonna be a great backup drop C bass!

2. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

I had one of these - and I must say it was not bad at all. Only sold it when I got my new MIA P.

Congrats on a nice score!

3. Hobobob74

Hobobob74

For $50, a bass that plays is worth that...

4. Mr L

Mr L

Really surprised, i mean the bag and strap alone are worth $50! After a quick clean and setup this thing actually plays really well for what it is. Better than most squiers I've played.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Immigrant

Immigrant

Congrats! $50 is a good deal, $100 is the going rate.

I recently sold one of those to a beginner; it was very much like yours but with a maple fretboard and a black headstock. That model came with two different headstock designs and the one you have (some call ot a batwing) is the more preferred.