I just got a XBOX 360...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by iamdenialNJ, Feb 4, 2014.

1. iamdenialNJ

iamdenialNJ

This is my first console since Sega Genesis. I know...just never been big into console games. My friend insisted I take it for $50 so I did. He let me have COD Black Ops and it's fun and all but I know there are better games out there. I currently don't have Live and I don't really see it in my near future. I am planning on buying a second controller asap.

What's your favorite single player game? What's your favorite multiplayer game?

Thanks dudes.
  2. JFOC

JFOC

Grand theft Auto V

working my way through it at the moment. Lots of fun to cause mayhem & the missions are entertaining.
  3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

GTA5, gears of war and left 4 dead are my favourites.
  4. Ironbar

Ironbar

Skyrim hands down. It's sort of like World of Warcraft without the B.S. of having to deal with other players in the game. Way better graphics too. It's addictive though!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. throughmylens87

throughmylens87

The first Mass Effect holds a special place in my heart.

Dark Souls is excellent if you seek an excruciatingly painful and dark yet satisfying experience.
  7. SnowCal

SnowCal

Lots of good stuff above.

If you want to develop a case of Stockholm Syndrome towards your console, try XCom: Enemy Unknown.
  8. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

COD MW3 is my favorite
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag was pretty cool too
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

I like Need for Speed: Undercover.

-Mike
  10. Auzzie-Phoenix

Auzzie-Phoenix

try chromehounds and rumble roses
  11. kanonfodr

kanonfodr Supporting Member

The Batman Arkham games are all great!

Peace,
    Greg
  12. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

-Assassins Creed series (sneak and stab)
    -Battlefield 3 & 4 (FPS - single players are alright, but the multiplayer dominates)
    -Borderlands & Borderlands 2 (FPS classic style over the top shoot 'em ups with RPG elements, great with a small group of friends)
    -Call of Duty : Modern Warfare series (FPS with fun, if short, single player, the first one has an awesome multi)
    -GTA IV and V (especially V, amazingly good game, plus the GTA games are made in my city :) )
    -Saints Row series (similar style to GTA).
    -Skyrim (FUS RO DAAAAH!)
  13. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Give Me Chocolate! Gold Supporting Member

+1 on Skyrim.

The first and second Bioshock titles.

Anything from the Halo series.

Forza Motorsport if you're in to driving games.
  14. Dale D Dilly

Dale D Dilly Monster Supporting Member

I think you need xbox live to get the most out of Dark Souls. The game's not the same when you can't summon silent strangers to help you and don't have to worry about other players invading and ruining your adventure.

Dark Souls was on sale for $5 on xbox live last month, so there are a ton of new people playing it at the moment; I've hopped back on to have some fun helping and invading.

If you're staying offline, I agree that Skyrim and Mass Effect are good choices. Let's not forget the Fallout games either.

edit^ and Forza is a blast.
  15. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Not obvious choices that i really enjoyed (on PC but theyre on X360 too)

The Saboteur - Open world game in WWII Paris. This game was really underrated when it came out. I loved it. It has good elements of stealth (kill nazis, steal their disguise, i feel this game is great because you get to have the cool looking nazi uniforms without actually being a nazi :p), lots of stuff to blow up (you are after all THE saboteur), cars to drive, a big fun map, good shooting mechanics. Highly reccomend.

Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning: Now you have to like rpgs here.... If you do all side quests, well i did everything plus the two DLC and put in 150 hours. Now i DID put 400 into Oblivion but by any standard this is still a worthy rpg experience. If you do just the story though, cut that by a 100 hours i'd think, if not more. My only gripe with the game is the map which is claustrophobic, obviously the engine didnt allow for a lot to be seen on the screen at once so you're kinda always surrounded by rocks or trees. But its really good otherwise. Good story, amazing lore (very LOTResque), crafting, alchemy, pickpocketing, a GREAT stealth system that actually allows for stealth kills with gruesome animations.. three classes but you can be hybrids... The fighting system is the best ive seen in any rpg and the amount of gear available puts to shame Oblivion or SKyrim (then again, the Elder Scrolls games were always very weak in that department...in the fighting department too) It is rather easy however especially if you abuse the crafting, you can become extremely overpowered and one shot everything... Still my third favorite rpg of all time behind Oblivion and Ultima VII

These two games have something in common, both studios that made them got shut down very shortly after... well the one that did Saboteur was shut down by EA, the other went bankrupt (while their game was distributed by EA, they had nothing to do with it, they put LOADS of money into developing the game and the lore for future games and to break even they would have had to sell 3 million copies.....for a new IP, that was asking a LOT, they sold about 1.5). A shame, both these games were expected to become franchises and i feel we have been cheated out of potential classics in the future (EA might own the saboteur IP though).

More obvious choices already named for some:

Right now playing AC IV: black flag, pretty good, cant go wrong there.

The Batman games as already mentioned are also good. Well personally at this point id skip the first unless you want the story of Arkham City to make a bit more sense but... the games improved a lot with the second and third (which to be fair is just liek the second except with a bigger map)

Red Dead Redemption. One word, cowboys. three words. GTA with Cowboys.

Oh yes, and Just Cause 2. That games was a blast. One of my all time favorite.

Im sure ill think up more later.
  16. ShredderMaximus

ShredderMaximus

Minecraft Xbox 360 edition.
    For some reason this game gets a sorta a bad rap from people who haven't actually played it, but if you were the kind of kid that liked legos and that sorta thing I can almost guarantee you will love this game. A sandbox game in the truest sense of the word.

After the Xbox version came out, I had a buddy who I was always trying to get to play it, but he refused. Finally a year later after telling him I would pay him back the 20 bucks it cost if he didn't like it, he finally got it. Needless to say, I never had to pay him back.
  17. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

I can get with this. +1

Biggest time suck on the planet. It's nothing more than animated legos. Stay away at all costs!

I didn't like GTA but really enjoyed Red Dead Redemption. They did that game really well.
  18. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

This is exactly how I use mine too. Great suggestions. Thanks
  19. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Minecraft is a game that has to be experienced. For some years i looked at the screens and wondered how that could be interesting. Then i played it......... and of course was hooked pretty much right away. Mind you, the vanilla version of the game can get old fast(er). But the mods....with the mods the possibilities are almost limitless. Should probably be mentioned that this is a game without goals. You make your own, there is no end. Some people are not into that kind of freedom and sandbox experience... There's not even an end to the map. It goes on indefinitely.

The many nights spent online with my brother laying down tracks (railroad mod) and digging in elaborate and extremely long tunnel systems (had to get it past a very large body of water) to link two parts of the map with a railway is probably gonna remain in my most treasured gaming memories ever. Or that time we built an amazing house on top of a ridiculously high tree on a jungle island (that what id call dangerous construction, misteps and deaths were many..of coure now that wouldnt happen since we got the jetpack mod...). Addictive fun at it's best. I'm looking forward to in fifteen years when they can make minecraft games with the graphics of today (since the minecraft graphics are about 15 years behind, though with mods you can make significant improvements)
  20. tplyons

tplyons

Before I got my Xbox One I mostly played:

Grand Theft Auto V
    Forza Motorsports 4
    Call of Duty Ghosts
    FIFA Soccer 2014
  21. jmlee

jmlee Catgut? Not funny. Supporting Member

Halo is the reason the XBox took off. Get the Anniversary reissue of the first Halo game in HD for the 360 and go from there. Halo 3, 4, and Reach are all terrific Sci-fi experiences. And the music is remarkable in its own right.