I know everyone may get tired of people asking for advise, but here goes

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pecBass, Jan 31, 2013.

1. pecBass

pecBass

I am new to the bass (play guitar and keyboard a bit already).

Looking to pickup a bass and am gravitating to the Ibanez line up for the fast neck, sound and light weight.

What are the differences (besides top woods) between the SR500, SR750 and the SR800?

Also is there a big difference in quality if I step up to the 1200/1400 series?

Thanks!

2. BassSurfer

BassSurfer Supporting Member

Play what you like the best. Go to your local shop and try everything. Simple, yet highly effective advice.

3. Deechord

Deechord

Same boat...different pond. Do what everyone here suggests. Go play the ones in your price range. Play them through different amps. I would usually grab an experienced bass player who would wander into GC...and have HIM play...get his opinion. I spent about a total of 15 hours. 3 hours each time. Someone told me...it will be my first Bass....but not my last. Initially...I also gravitated to Ibanez because of the "guitar neck" feel. I also played a bunch of Fenders. They were heavier...but on each trip...to me they got lighter...as I got used to playing them. I would not worry about the wood...at this point. It's the "SOUND".... you have to figure out if It sound's like a Bass....to you. Play everything. You don't need to spend a ton of money.
    That's how I decided. Good Luck

4. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

I've played a bunch of those basses, and the biggest difference is between the lower models and the 1200/1400 premiums. If you can save up for one of those, do it. The Nordstrand pups in them are smokin.

5. Register to disable this ad