I like metal a lot but why so popular all a sudden

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BatCave2112, Jan 13, 2013.

1. BatCave2112

BatCave2112

K I'm not dissing metal or any form of sub genre to it but I noticed that everybody listens to metal these days and that's it all my band mates don't listen to nothing but megadeth Metallica and random metal core bands I find it tedious that everyone is trying to be brootalz or whatever I dislike that people think its the only kind of music or its the hardest I like a lot of obscure metal and a lot of popular stuff but why does noone ever listen to jazz blues punk gothic country or just normal rock music I find that metal is just dying for me cause everyone is ruining it and its kinda ticking me off in my band I can't even ask to play a good ol weezer tune without hearing it sucks cause it's not hardcore I don't know just my opinion I like every genre of music I just find that when I was younger this was my favorite genre and now all a sudden everyone is jnto it way to much and it's just ruining it for me it sucks plus I asked if they wanted to try and make a rockabilly tune something like buddy holly and they told me that will never happen and just to keep playing that lame bass even though my bass parts are actually quite fun an I'm the only person in my band that would literally die for music I have not a whole lot so anyways this is just me basically complaining Aha keep on rockin bass players
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

You should remember to take a breath from time to time.
  3. ShredderMaximus

ShredderMaximus

Whats with punctuation being so un-popular now-a-days?
  4. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

I don't know anybody that listens to any metal at all.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BatCave2112

BatCave2112

Aha never thought that punctuation was so important on the Internet, Ill work on that more often in my posts.
  7. BatCave2112

BatCave2112

And maybe it's just where I'm from, there are some metal bands that have made it a bit far in Ontario.
  8. topo morto

topo morto

True for me until the other day one of my workmates told me he liked metal... was kind of shocked.
  9. The Impostor

The Impostor

Personally, I think you are just over-thinking it.
  10. ibateur

ibateur

Kudos to everyone who actually read that and understood it.

I'm an old fart that can't read long sentences.
  11. topo morto

topo morto

Can't be bothered to read it, but you can look at an area of the text and see "brootalz noone ever listen to jazz metal these days good ol' buddy holly everyone" and get the idea
  12. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Thou shall not F*** up the groove Supporting Member

Metal rules! That's why we listen it!! :p:bassist::bassist:
  13. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    Neither do I.
  14. mellowinman

mellowinman Not a Clique Member Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I love metal! I listen to Rush, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, and all those other metal bands all the time!
  15. vade700

vade700

Honestly I don't get this post. Why does the fact that other people are less open to other forms of music than you ruin an awesome genre for you? I personally love metal, I'm not into thrash or metal core/hard core that much. I also listen to a ton of other genres. I think this makes me a better musician and bassist, I don't think other peoples taste should have affect yours.
  16. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Neo Maxie Zoom Dweebie Supporting Member

I dont know one person who is into Metal. I think you need a new peer group.
  17. Waterpilot

Waterpilot

This must be an age thing.
  18. powmetalbassist

powmetalbassist Supporting Member

Metal is just trending. Like all forms of music its popularity comes and goes. In the early 70's the hard rock/metal scene was doing great, by the late 70's it began to wane (thank you disco!). In the mid to late 80's metal roared back after slowly building throughout that decade. Then Grunge happened.In Mid-late 90's NU-Metal caught on and built into the early 2000's. Over the last 10 years or so it's been on the wane. What you are experiencing is a resurgence, most likely the early upside (or mid peak) of metal again. In a few years it will lose its lustre and the cycle will continue.
  19. deeptubes

deeptubes

Ok. It seems that you are in a band with a bunch of closed-minded, snobby individuals. Those are really not uncommon characteristics for your age group. What's worse, that fact that they are closed-minded and snobby, or the fact that you choose to jam with them? You can always walk away and start your own thing.
  20. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass Supporting Member

TELL me about it!!! I have really gotten into James Taylor's metal material lately. Fire and Rain has a slammin solo that will melt your face off!
  21. oniman7

oniman7

Remember Nu-Metal in the 2000's? KoRn, Limp Bizkit, even Mudvayne a little bit.

"Djent" and Post-Hardcore are the Nu-Metal of the 2010's. It'll go away and we'll remember some great groups. In my opinion Tesseract is awesome and La Dispute is an awesome post hardcore band. However, the genre really is so tired I already have a hard time listening to it.