I lost my glasses, AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by WyrmDL, Feb 28, 2011.

1. WyrmDL

WyrmDL

I had lost a wonderful pair of glasses last year. Absolutely no idea whatsoever where they went. Had them in the library, pretty sure I took them off before I got chili dogs. Gap in memory, fast forward to car, taking out the trash. I realize in my friend's apartment that I didn't have my glasses, and perhaps they were in my car, or home, or whatever. Never found them again. Maybe they were in the Library, maybe I threw them out with the trash on accident.

Now on to today, where I take out the glasses case from my back pack. I notice they aren't in there, and my heart stops for a second. I rewind my brain, trying to remember if I left them on my desk or somewhere. I realize that I hadn't used them for a while, and my last recollection was at a restaurant where my friend complimented me on them. I played catch at a park after that, and I don't remember me having them on me during then...

Maybe I left it at the restaurant, or maybe I flung it somewhere in the park? Either way, I feel absolutely retarded. And guilty.

I hope to the higher powers in other realms that they are simply misplaced in my house somewhere. Simply misplaced...

2. stratovani

stratovani

Being a lifelong glasses wearer myself, all I can say is that I'm sorry for your loss. Here's a place where you can get glasses cheap (or is that cheap glasses?).

http://www.zennioptical.com/

I got a pair of prescription bifocals for $50, and I'm very satisfied. They even survived the long, arduous trip across the Pacific from China! ;)

3. ShredderMaximus

ShredderMaximus

contacts?

bein a headbanger glasses just never worked, always flying of my face and getting stomped on. Got contacts and love em', hope to eventually get laser eye surgery.

4. sbass traveller

sbass traveller

Are they on your head or face? j/k

That sucks. Always keep a backup pair even if they're sunglasses. Still though, I can't count the amount of time I've spent looking for glasses when they were on my face or up on my head the entire time :oops:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

I have never lost mine, but that might be because I almost always wear my contacts and if I am not, I never take my glasses off. I can't see without them. I have three pairs of glasses so if I were to loose a pair, I wouldn't be in trouble. I get them for dirt cheap as well, my mom is an Optometrical Assistant and I can get them for cost or less than cost. My last pair, D&G frames, I paid a whopping $32 for. That is not a typo and includes the lens. There is a huge markup on glasses and lens.

lowsound

7. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

I tattooed my glasses on. Never lost'em again.

8. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric Supporting Member

Get contacts. Or one of those bands that old people have around their glasses.

9. ShredderMaximus

ShredderMaximus

young people wear them too!
    [​IMG]

10. Linas

Linas

PSH!! its been done.

[​IMG]

Seriously. what the hell is was running through this kids head?

11. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

KING HIPSTER!!!

More on topic:

It's a lot harder to lose your glasses when you're practically blind without them. They go everywhere with me including skiing and I haven't lost a pair in over a decade, lol.

12. EdHunter

EdHunter

13. El Barbero

El Barbero

Bowed head in hands, shakes head, sighs sadly (might be more of a groan) and replies 'I don't have any idea at all'... pretty much the same as him. Only hope is that it's a false tat.

14. WyrmDL

WyrmDL

Yeah, that's the thing. I'm not that blind without them. I only use them to see far away, like from the back of a class.

I feel so damn guilty and stupid though. That's another couple hundred down the drain.

15. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Worst idea ever. Other then rectal insertion of a katana (haven't tried myself but it sounds very unpleasant).

16. Bongolation

Bongolation

Stupid tattoos are their own punishment.

When I lose my glasses, it's because I can't see for more than a few inches without them and I've managed to knock them off into the general bedroom disorder in my sleep.

I keep a card with a pinhole nearby so that I can look through the pinhole with one eye, the hole working like a crude lens.

By groping around on my hands and knees, I can find the glasses.

I've recently discovered that my -9.00 correction is probably too strong, so my new optometrist knocked the prescription down some to see if it helps.

I got some glasses from Zenni Optical on the way, $34 for bifocals, including shipping. Didn't want to drop a lot of money until I can see if the prescription is going to work.

I thought there was a big thread on Zenni here, but I guess not. :meh:

17. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

In addition to Zenni optical, goggles4u.com and coastalcontacts.com both have great prices and frequent sales. I have 9 pairs of glasses from those two sites, and my total out of pocket was just over $100.

on goggles4u, use coupon code DealWoot (case sensitive from what I can tell), and coastal has a lot of free glasses deals on facebook.

18. Atoz

Atoz

That was the first thing to cross my mind when I came across this thread. :D

19. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

You could try this trusty ad right here... Id trust her

[​IMG]

20. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Sorry to hear it - but it sounds to me like you need to make an effort to plan ahead any time that you take them off.

I've worn glasses for 50 years and somehow managed never to lose a pair. I make it a habit to put them in a specific place when I take them off - and try not to change that place very much. If in doubt, put them somewhere that they are visible and hard to miss.

When I wear sunglasses, they're prescription - so the regular glasses come off and go into the sunglass case - the sunglasses go on. Reverse as needed...but always put the glasses I'm not wearing in their case.

Nothing is fool proof, especially when you're in an unfamiliar place...but the better the routine you can set up, the easier they will be to keep track of.

21. WyrmDL

WyrmDL

Thanks for the advice.

Kind of interesting to note that I lost my glasses like half a year ago...