1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

I made a video showcasing the new bass amps in Garageband 10

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by droo46, Dec 27, 2013.

1. droo46

droo46

I've long been using Garageband to record myself and I got pretty excited for the new amp models to try out. Here they are: http://youtu.be/-2P9TXihOe8

Which one is your favorite?
  2. NightCat

NightCat

Nice! I didn't even know there was a new garageband version available. Thanks
  3. Timmah

Timmah

Great video and some nice sounds, but I was disappointed in my own use of the amps- they're not really flexible at all.
  4. kanonfodr

kanonfodr Supporting Member

Very nice! Wasn't aware of the new GB either, and I'm not as worried about the amp models in there but do need to investigate what changes they may have made to the functionality of it. I like my current version of GB a lot, but if it's better than that in a way I can appreciate then I might give it an upgrade :)

Peace,
    Greg
  5. twocargar

twocargar Supporting Member

Nice job on the video!

If you like the amps and effects in GB and want some more flexibility for using it onstage with a MIDI pedal setup, I recommend Apple's Mainstage. Mainstage uses the same audio engine as GB, plus a lot more effects and amps. I primarily use Mainstage for synth sounds for my MIDI pedals and keyboards, but it can also trigger sound effects, prerecorded bits, etc. There are quite a few videos on YouTube that show how to set up your pedal rig. But you can't beat GarageBand's price, eh? ;)
  6. wicksy

wicksy

Hey man, great job! I just happened to stumble across your bass cover of Ain't it fun by Paramore 2 days ago on one of those crazy youtube adventures and then recognised you when I clicked on this.

Great energy man, I loved that cover, you were having a blast.
    All the best from Australia! Damo.
  7. lorenzo251

lorenzo251 Supporting Member

Excellent comparison! I liked the Alien Waves effects on the baseline 60's combo the best.