1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

I miss MJ5150.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by hover, Jan 29, 2013.

1. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    There, I said it. Hasn't been on here in a bit...you ok out there good Sir?

2. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    He was the one guy I could rely on to show up to the RIP Music thread breakfast club and now he hasn't posted there for a while.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. He was posting yesterday IIRC.

lowsound

5. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Been thinking the same thing about Funky Ghost...

6. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Hmm, it had said his last activity was Dec. 20. I hadn't seen any posts.

7. He posted yesterday as was mentioned

8. Oh, must have been reading an old thread and didn't look at the date. Hope he returns.

lowsound

9. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Funny you should mention that. I was thinking the same thing the other day. I even sent him a PM hoping to find out if he's okay; but I haven't heard anything yet. Hoping he's just on a safari or some extended vacation and all is well...

EDIT: The last I see is December 17th as well.

10. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Could you clarify, as last post i can see was Dec 17th and last activity as the 20th / Dec....unless you're referring to the Lobby or something, where I cannot see. No big whup, we just have conflicting info...just wondering where he was. Unless of course, I am on his ignore list, which makes it moot. ;)

11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I was wondering what he was up to just yesterday as well.

12. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Yep. 17th Dec. It's not like Mike to miss out on some of the great OT threads recently! I can only assume he's busy. Lets not think the worst.

Ditto Funky Ghost...

13. Hope both Mike and Funky Ghost are doing alright!

14. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Absolutely good Sir!!!

15. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Come to think of it, I haven't seen my good friend Darth Handsome around for a while either...

Maybe they all undertook a New Year resolution to cut back on TB :)

16. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I've noticed Mike's absence as well, but I believe he's taken breaks from TB before. I just emailed him, I'll report back.

17. Ziltoid

Ziltoid

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    I miss that winegum lover!

18. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I miss the dude as well!

While on the subject of "missing", anyone hear from Skitch-it? It's been eons since he posted.

19. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I heard back from Mike, he's doing fine. Just wants a break, and winter in New Hampshire keeps him busy.

20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Thank you Greg for the kind e-mail. Greg is too cool, and one of the reasons I have remained a member of this forum long after I stopped playing bass guitar. The rest of y'all are great too.

I can't hardly believe over a month went by without logging in to see how the TBOT gang is getting along. Yes, living in New England requires more effort than living in Washington State. Now I get to spend the next seventeen hours reading all the threads I missed and posting in them. :)

-Mike

21. You didn't miss much. There's one thread that was started called "The Boring Thread." That's what you missed.