I Must Be Getting Old

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Stewie26, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Stewie26

Stewie26 Gold Supporting Member

Some how I ended up on this band video on You Tube.
    There are 125 likes and only one thumbs down which totally surprised me. To my ear it is just noise. Also, I noticed that there are not many hot chicks in the audience.
    Whats up with that? Just guys jumping up on the stage and jumping back into the audience. I love most types of music but I just drew the line. Is it just me? If you are younger, do you like this music? If you are older, do you not like this music? Thanks.
  2. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I'm amazed that anyone would want to listen to it or play it, if you can call it playing. There is absolutely no musicianship, the vocalist (notice I didn't say singer) just screams inaudibly and there is no structure. Unfortunately, there are many bands like this.
  3. dbd1963

dbd1963

Holy ****!
  4. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

I come from the old days of Punk rock.

They would have been spit off the stage......

The thing I find the strangest is that the crowd seems to like them.
    I guess that's all that really matters.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. deste

deste

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GullanskyLab pickups
    No. Old people can't understand younger generations.
    Well, we should admit there's some energy going on... A sort or primaitive urge to express, which could be related to Janov's Primal Scream theories... A continuous feedback between stage and audience... A very percussive bass playing... New, creative uses for mic cable... Dancing on- and offstage recalling some primitive tribal dance...

Ok, no way. I give up. I'm getting old too.
  7. Biggbass

Biggbass Supporting Member

LOL
    Nothing but noise. when does the music start?
  8. wabbit

wabbit

Yes but it's noise with conviction. :smug:

EDIT: Don't you just hate it when someone quotes you right in the middle of a edit? LOL!!
  9. alexlocurto

alexlocurto

Well, I'm fifteen, and that sounded appalling. Does that mean I'm old too? :bawl:
  10. wabbit

wabbit

Welcome to the fold old timer. Now you get to wear really comfortable clothes, scratch yourself in public and you get to say cool catch phrases like .. "Hey you kids, get off my lawn!!" ;)
  11. The Owl

The Owl

100% accurate on every count, ZERO musicianship, nothing worthwhile here.
  12. The Owl

The Owl

/\
    /\
    /\
    /\
    /\
    /\
    WHAT HE SAID!!
  13. TBrett

TBrett

Old, schmold. I come from the old days of punk, too, so the clip gave me a good chuckle. I remember going to shows back in the day where all the skinheads would be bleeding profusely within a half hour, from slamming into each other at full force. That was when the whole mosh pit thing was just getting started. I had to stand with my arms up, ready to push off whatever hulking mass that might come charging in my direction. Madness, to be sure. And no, it was not so much about musicianship. It was about blowing pent up energy. It was about anger, defiance, rebellion, shock value, getting in your face, all that. And it never seems to die, amazingly. Thirty plus years later, punk continues to fire up new generations. Maybe because it's an easy genre for putting on an energetic show when you're young, full of piss and vinegar, and don't have a lot of proficiency with your instrument yet? Dunno... I still enjoy my fave albums from that era, and I just can't help but smile when I see something like this.

But to answer your question, OP, if you're interested in playing music, you might want to consider looking for something else. :D
  14. Lee Bruton

Lee Bruton Guest

Ya, I'm WAY to old for that crap!!:crying:
  15. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

Pure and total genius!!!!

The way they all play something totally incoherent and atonal, was like buttah!! The singer is amazing!! His lack of tone and melody and enunciation were outstanding.

Perfectness!!!

For total crap!!!
  16. David Grunigen

David Grunigen

It's Just crap!, I remember back in the day, when we had to haul our gear fifteen miles through the snow to make five bucks each........
    Yea... I'm old too!
  17. Lee Bruton

Lee Bruton Guest

+1
  18. 4dog

4dog

Nothing to see here folks,,,, move along,,, move along,,,,, aint gotta go home,,, but ya cant stay here.
  19. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Burger King by day but when the sun sets......... I love how everyone is grabbing water bottles like they just did a three hour set.
  20. RitchS

RitchS Supporting Member

Dudes!! Lighten up!! I love that song! It always makes me cry! Such feeling and emotion in the way they crafted that song. I'm getting misty just typing about it.
  21. Ubersheist

Ubersheist

There's now 3 "thumbs down." I take that as 125 people came to this site 'cause the singer's kinda cute, and 3 people actually had the computer speakers on.

This band is EXACTLY like a thousand bad bands that I'd go out and see as a teen/college kid. I seemed to hang out with a bunch of angry kids that wouldn't be caught dead listening to jazz or John Prine (who I loved). As such, I endured countless of these concerts just because it was a Saturday and I didn't want to sit at home. It was terrible 20 years ago, it's terrible today.