1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

i need 2 basses so bad

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by harpguy74, Mar 15, 2014.

1. harpguy74

harpguy74

i recently put a fretless neck on my jazz and decided to try dr hi beams and I love them but today I decided to put by labella flats on to try it because they are by far my favorite strings on that bass with the original neck. they were ok but not the hi beams for sure. I thing I will put the original neck back on and get a loaded jazz body off of ebay and just have the best of both worlds. or get really good at changing strings back and forth lol.

2. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

No affiliation with the seller aside from a successful local trade once, but rapisme is selling a beautiful light blue loaded jazz body in the classifieds.

3. rodl2005

rodl2005

I take 2 basses to every gig. Always. Sometimes I used to break a string at a gig, but up until a month ago, I'd not broken one for about 4 yrs.
    Then last month one broke and last week a D'addario tape wound E string broke.
    Sure glad I had another bass ready to go both these times. 😎😎😎👍👍👍

4. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I stuck a bass in my
    If you break strings like that maybe you should take 3....you know just in case.

5. Register to disable this ad