I need a Cad for a Precision.

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Ewoe21, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Ewoe21

Ewoe21

Hey I just got a bass blank and was wondering if anyone had a Cad for a precision ?
    Thanks

2. Clydesauce

Clydesauce

I am here early and hopefully will save a lot of people some breathe. A lot of people that do cads, will not, freely pass on a cad file to someone or make one for someone. I am willing to draw one up for you for free if you can't find one but let there be warning now, asking for that here is sometimes doomed one of the deadliest sins. The amount of time and effort it takes people to create those, it offends them when some people ask for them and don't put in the hard work or pay for their services.

As I said before if no one has one that they are willing to share, or you can not find one on the web, I am willing to draw up a p-bass for ya.

Good Luck

3. luzceloffan

luzceloffan

there are many of then, just use google, you will get many sites and forum with links...most of then pdf but goo enough to plot

4. Ewoe21

Ewoe21

I googled it time & time again and could not find one.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Ewoe21

Ewoe21

Clydesauce I hear where you're coming from. I don't have the skills to make a CAD, I'm new to the CNC. I'll be more then happy to pay you for your time and hard work if you wouldn't mind ?
    Thanks
    Joe

7. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho

If your program can take an image and generate an extrusion with it you can get started pretty easily.

8. luzceloffan

luzceloffan

9. Clydesauce

Clydesauce

If you don't get one, I will make it free of charge. Not being a professional but someone that does it in their free time for fun, I don't charge, but some here get mad when asked. This coming from personal experience.

10. thebassbuilder

thebassbuilder

Disclosures:
    guitar builder, Meyers Guitars
    PM me your email address and I will send you what I have.

11. Ewoe21

Ewoe21

What I need is a CAD file in a DXF or DWG form. It would be nice if we had a Digitizer but we don't. Thanks for everyone's help. You guys are great.

12. Ewoe21

Ewoe21

Thanks Clyde, I'll let you know. The bassbuilder I'll PM you when I get home. Thanks !

13. Ewoe21

Ewoe21

14. luzceloffan

luzceloffan

sorry, i didnt get you need it for a cnc machine, i just thought you wanted to plot it.

15. Ewoe21

Ewoe21

It's all good luz, I Appreciate your effort. Don't Hesitate to ask if you ever need anything from me.

16. Ewoe21

Ewoe21

The bassbuilder let me know if you got my message. Thanks.