1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

I need info and opinions on Yamaha RBX 1000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassnini, Aug 30, 2000.

1. bassnini

bassnini

Hi all!
    I need information and opinions on Yamaha RBX 1000 (4 string - active).
    I searched for hours on the web and I couldn't find anything (I'd like to see the specifications sheet and the owner's manual but I know that maybe this is too much).
    Do you have an idea on which was the list price for a new one and which is the good price for a used one?
    Thanks a lot

2. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

No one ever responded to this? Is the bass that obscure? I just saw one in a Pawn Shop for $319, I didn't demo it, but the neck felt pretty good and it was light.

3. Yvette

Yvette

I just bought one here in the Netherlands. Paid $400,- for it. I couldn't find much information on this bass. Found some german information and they thought it would be better then Fenders or other high priced basses. Anyway I like mine, it has everything I wanted (light weight, good sound and very nice playability, good looks too since mine is black and showing some of the wood structure). Hope to find out more about them.

Yvette

4. Yvette

Yvette

Hi,

I contacted the company that is importing the Yamaha gear in our country. I've got a copy of the advertising for this bass. It's made till 1994, and official retaling price was F 2345,- (wich is round $ 1000,-).
    The neck is bolt on, the scale 33-7/8 (860mm). the neck is maple, finsh rosewood, ash body.
    They came in three colours, transculent Black (mine), transculent violet and natural satin.
    Well that's all for now. Still hope to find out more and still like the bass, if another one occurs at a reasanable price I would buy it and if this one was stolen, damn it I would want another right away.

Yvette

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cdodd

cdodd

I just purchased Yamaha RBX 1000. I was hesitant because I could not dig up any info on it's spec (also less than thrilled with 'translucent violet'). However, I played dozens of basses and liked the feel and sound better than anything in the under $1200 category.
    Has anyone found any brochures/spec info? Yamaha's site has an archive that seems to currently be down.
    If I find anything, I will post.
    CD

7. SIFJiggy

SIFJiggy

Way Back Bumpage. Have a chance at one of these. Curious - have a "family heirloom" SE612 guitar by Yamaha from the same early 80s era - damn good build quality on that thing. I'd bet this 'higher end' of the rbx series has a great solid feel.

Do I hold the record for longest bump?