1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

I need suggestions for a new set a of pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Gizmobass, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Gizmobass

Gizmobass Supporting Member

I have a Spector Euro 5 string with EMG HZ's and I am looking into upgrading. I was looking for something with a lot of bite, and clarity. I was debating EMG TW's because i see them in custom shop Spectors. Also would my stock tone pump be able to handle active PUPs? Another possible idea was picking up a set of Carvin PUPs< because I love the sound i am getting from my carvin, but that one is active all the way around. If I could get a little insight on this issue, I would appreciate it a ton.
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

EMG DC seems like an obvious choice.
  3. Gizmobass

Gizmobass Supporting Member

Now will the tone pump power these with the single 9v, or should I take that out and get another pre?