i need to replace my Ashdown Speakers !

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by 137h4lone, Dec 2, 2012.

1. 137h4lone

137h4lone

I have an Ashdown evo 500 ii ABM 2x10 combo and I'm having trouble with my speakers. i can't find any information on the speakers it currently has (ashdown blue line 10's which are super rare for some damn reason ). Id like to know impedance of a blue line 10 and what speaker would best match its specs if it was possible. I would appreciate it greatly :confused::confused:

2. ErictheBastard

ErictheBastard

What are the symptoms that lead you to believe the problem is the speakers? Have you metered them individually for correct impedance and continuity? Have you manually manipulated the cones along the excursion path to verify there is no mechanical interference?

3. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

I would contact Ashdown and ask them about the problems your having. I am sure they would be able to help you. Their speakers I have had good experience with.

4. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

unsure
    minimum impedance for that amp is 4ohms

can only guess the are running 2 8ohm speakers in parallel for 4ohms.

If its a sealed cab use Eminence CA2010 or Legend BP102

if its ported use a Eminence CH2010 , S2010 or Legend BP102

it could be a eminence speaker compare the photos
    the label will be different but the magnet and basket will be the same. If it is a Eminence then there should be a serial number stamped on the back of the cone in white ink. Give Eminence tech support a call/email and they will tell you the off the shelf equivalent.

most the 10" ceramics have low sensitivity in the 93dB range so a upgrade to a 96dB neo speaker would give you much more volume before distortion and need much less power, view the 10" line here

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ErictheBastard

ErictheBastard

BogeyBass

I know that Eminence is the OEM supplier for Ashdown (Don't ask me how I know - I genuinely forgot). I also know that Eminence generally don't make their OEM products available to the general public (say so right on their website!).

I'm new here, so I'm curious as to your insight on speaker choices (not in an accusatory way, I actually just like to get smarter).

Cheers,
    E~