1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

I no longer hate the TC BG250 combo's,, time to eat some crow

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Davyo, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

As some of you have read in my past postings I have not been to kind as far as the tone of the BG250 combo's,,,, especially since I'm a hardcore GK junkie.

Well, it's time for me to eat some crow and take back my negative BG250 comments of past.

I retested the BG250 115 with a Steinberger 5 string Synapse and a Ibanez SR300 and I gots to admit the BG250 115 sounded worlds different from when I had owned the first gen model, returned it, trash talked it here on this forum, and tested it a few more times in my local music stores again to make sure that I really hated the tone/sound of the BG250.

All that changed when I used the Synapse bass and the Ibanez SR300 bass on a recent outing to my local GC and re-visited/re-tested the BG250 115 and 112.

I hate to admit it (being a former BG250 hater) but I actually liked it so much I purchased the new version of the BG250 115 and have it sitting here in my music room with some gigs planned for it,,, I never woulda thunk that woulda ever happened.

While I'm still very much a GK junkie I can see some gigs where the BG250 115 would be good to use on.

My opinion has now changed to,,,,, with the right bass the BG250 115 can sound pretty darn good.

On gigs that I use the BG115 I will make sure to also use my Steinberger Synapse or the Ibanez SR300 I plan on buying.

Any other of my bass's I use for gigs I will use my GK amps and cabs with those bass's.

Anyhow,,, I'm still a GK junkie but no longer a TC BG250 115 hater.

So I'm officially retracting all my BG250 forum trashing.

Crow now eaten.

Cheers
    Davyo

2. BigDaddyO

BigDaddyO Rockin' Ruben Supporting Member

no worries, it is a great value in today's bass amp market especially in the cost vs weight vs power category. bdO

3. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Tested out a dimension bass with a bg250 115 & fender rumble 150 yesterday at my local music store & the tone wasn't bad from the bg but the fender sounded better to my ears more vintage sounding but the weight is awesome and hey u can always run a preamp type pedal and get the tone you want and i did like the spectracomp toneprint