1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

I pluged my bass into my Stereo

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by D L Parish, Jan 31, 2014.

1. D L Parish

D L Parish

Hi all
    I was in a silly mood today and dected to make a cable to plug my bass guitar in to my stereo. well i was very surprised it sounded amazing.

first i half to say it is not a walmart stereo. i am running a magnavox 9302 tube amp with el84/6bq5's in push pull config and a Audiosource amp 4 very hard to find i have never seen another one on ebay or the web.

also ther is a Audiosource preamp 1 and a dod 2 way passive crossover.

this set up as a bi/amp the magnavox amp 15 watts p/c is running to a 12" Quam fullrang speaker and the audiosorce amp 4 are running 150 watt per channel to a pair of Alpha-15A by EMINENCE.

the signal from the preamp to amps are split by the DOD passive crossover sending bass to the 300 watt audiosource amp and all over 175 hz to the mganavox amp, all tunning is done with th DOD passive crossover.

now the speakers are Open baffle design.

to run my bass i did not fire up the magnavox at all just pluged in to the preamp and jumped to the audiosourse amp bypassing the DOD passive crossover.

the amp was running the 15" Alpha-15A in Open baffle only. it was so clean an shook my house like WOW.

h

thank for putting up with my silly mood.

[​IMG]
  2. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Most of us have done that at some time....we'd be really boring and not very curious people if we didn't. Most of us also did it with stereos a lot cheaper than yours.

It'll play. Turn the volume down on the bass so it doesn't make farty noises and play.
  3. D L Parish

D L Parish

there i got the pic to upload.
  4. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Ok, cool....ya. If it doesn't send the cones flying out the back of the box.....it's all good.
  5. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    By the way....that's not "infinite baffle"....that's almost "no baffle".....as in "no cabinet".

Doesn't matter though.....if it sounds good, it is good.
  6. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    It's about as close as you can get to free-air without having the speakers either rolling around on the floor or hanging on a string up in the sky.
  7. D L Parish

D L Parish