I Present the IdiotBox Effects's Blower Box

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SirMjac28, Apr 9, 2014.

1. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

This pedal is absolutely mind blowing I've had my share of effects but this one blew me out of the water right away it goes from subtle to tear your ears out OD I love the fact that the pedal is so adjustable the lows and highs are there so you can tailor it to your hearts desire. I can't believe it's only $119.00 !!!!!! even the box is cool look at that padding there's more on the bottom of the box plus I get a sticker :)

[​IMG]

Here is a link to the video
    Darchyboy and andrew like this.
  2. Rabidrasbora

Rabidrasbora Supporting Member

Mine came today, too--a bundle of fun. Only got to dabble for 10 minutes or so (was a crazy day), but looking forward to a longer trial tomorrow. Pedal's got a much quieter noise floor than I expected after watching the IB site video...
    Flad likes this.
  3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I agree can you believe the price?? even the box is sweet. :) I'm a B3K diehard but this thing blows it away
  4. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Man I'm glad a couple other people got this and can share in my excitement for it. It is def a bangin a** piece of rat doom. I agree with you rabid about the noise floor, I thought it wasn't going to be able to cut it in the mix. Man was I wrong. This pedal may be deceiving with the volume pot, but when you're in the mix, just crank that baby and it's on! And the gain levels you can get goin on is really good too. As mjac stated, it can go anywhere from low gain to tear your face off and it does everything in between and does it very well. I'm thinking it'll be onboard for quite a while. And I've said that about quite a few other pedals. I'm pretty confident about this one.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

That Peavey is gotta be 40 years old. Hartley sure as heck made gear that did the job.

I like the fuzz too.

It's a great time to be alive if fine fuzz is part of one's diet.

Vintage, New. Over the top or just barley there. Fuzz is fine!
  7. SirMjac28

I just played some Smashing Pumpkins and what I like about this pedal is how smooth it can be I had a modified rat that I loved but I always had to add some bottom with another pedal with this thing I just have to turn a dial and I'm good like Matt said its really good with chords you the man Greg for turning me on to this one.
  8. SirMjac28

I love those rigs the stuff sounds good and it just never gives up.
  9. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    It's crazy that the BB can be so smooth yet so raunchy at the same time. That's what I meant by it sounded like it has a sag in it or something.
  10. SirMjac28

I've always been a B3K fanboy but with my new setup it sounded thin so I had to get rid off it I'm so glad this pedal was available.
  11. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

Oh stop it, I'm still waiting for mine to get here..... I mean keep talking about it. But, I don't have mine yet. :( Wait what else is cool about it!?
  12. andrew

andrew

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Regenerate Guitar Works
    Mine will be here any day now. I got to try one already and running it in front of the Brimstone XD-1 blew up my brain. Such good tone.
  13. SirMjac28

Folks you will not be disappointed and he can't be making any money the etching is beautiful it looks and sounds like a really high end pedal costing three times as much and finally the bass and treble knobs work throughout the entire range and the pedal is quiet I'm very happy.
  14. SirMjac28

The guy who makes them Matt is a very cool guy he has so many other pedals and they all sound good.
  15. andrew

andrew

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Regenerate Guitar Works
    +1. Dude worth supporting.
  16. SirMjac28

I gave him a link to the thread
  17. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Sounds great in the demo for hard sounds, but didn't hear much in the way of mellower sounds. So is this a Rat variant? If so, that might explain it, but I'd like to hear its more mellow side if it's got one.
    Flad, collins81 and Bassdirty like this.
  18. karter2000

karter2000 Supporting Member

From what I've heard, it's based on a Rat, but with many tweaks.

I've not had much time with mine, (too busy with school) but so far I love it. The graphics alone make it worth keeping around!
  19. SirMjac28

That's what I love Jimmy it does the subtle thing beautifully I'm not a heavy OD guy that's why I loved the B3K so much. I played some Smashing Pumpkins and this thing is so full sounding the separate bass and treble along with the gain and volume control really make it adjustable.
  20. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Sounds like fun for messing around, but I almost always like tones on the edge of breakup, but not quite there. That's how I run my B7K. I didn't get the feeling that's what this pedal is about... Am I wrong?
  21. SirMjac28

+1 at $119.00 it's a no-brainer and I'm a sucker for stickers been that way since I was a kid :)