1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

I Really Find Nose Piercings Unattractive

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Unrepresented, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

I also find the scent of patchouli oil to be foul. I can contain it inside no longer. Get off my lawn.
  2. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Nose piercings are probably the least "offensive" piercing. I mind lip piercing more for sure. I really hate any form of it. The worst is tongue but at least you can hide it. In general i prefer no piercing but nose and eyebrow (well or ear or belly) i can live with.

As for patchouli, i'm still not sure what it smells like. I know once someone told me that is patchouli you're smelling and i thought oh yeah i've smelt that before, but now i forgot what that smell was like.

What is your feeling on tramp stamps? (sorry if the name offends anyone, that's just how they are often colloquially called) I totally judge girls on that. Especially if i can actually see it and you're just out in public.

Call me judgemental, because i am.

(Or just call me Judge Mental. Cause that sounds cool. "Meet Judge Mental. He's judge, jury, executioner.....and just a little bit crazy.")

I probably offended someones gf or wife just now. ****.
  3. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

My 19 year old neice has a nose ring. It is not a full ring but horseshoe shaped. She can hide it inside her nostrils if she is somewhere where she does not want it to show. She works at Chipotle so I am guessing at work. The onoying thing is when she does hide it she does the smelling her upper lip face I asked her why and she told me to make sure it is well hidden. :rollno:
  4. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Supporting Member

You mean like the little stud on one side kind of piercing? I'm ambivalent I guess.
  5. MegaSwing

MegaSwing The Artist Formerly Known As Edward G. Gold Supporting Member

I, personally, do not think it is a smart idea to poke holes in your body for decoration. Therefore, I do not.
  6. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

Depends on the girl. Same with tattoos.
  7. madrob

madrob

Nose rings on girls are HOT!
  8. Immigrant

Immigrant Supporting Member

I kind of like nose piercings and some tramp stamps, but for some reason women with a bunch of tattoos are a total turn off.

The worst tramp stamp I ever saw was on a stripper in her place of employment; it was a portrait of a child's face. I said "Nice tattoo" and she said "Do you like it? It's my daughter!"

Ugh.
  9. spade2you

spade2you

I think a lot of us went through phases. I had long hair and wore heavy metal t-shirts a lot when I was younger. The whole megapiercings and outlandish tattoos seems to bring about a certan amount of permanence.
  10. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Supporting Member

There are two holes I don't find offensive.
    The one just under her nose goes blah blah blah all day and can become pretty offensive :)
  11. thunderbird66

thunderbird66

I don't mind either piercings or tatts as long as a little discretion is applied. Time and place for showing em off. Kinda like my bank. I don't know when it became appropriate for business ladies to do the Dee Snider make up application method along with the hooker heels at work. Hell, could be tranny's for all I know.
  12. Unrepresented

I too was a rock t-shirt and long haired lad through high school and college. I'm not anti-tattoos, so long as they're well executed and well placed I think they can enhance the right person's appearance. Piercings can be fun, but the having one where all your boogers are just squicks me out. IT'S TOUCHING HER BOOGERS PEOPLE!!!!!!!:oops:
  13. basskababble

basskababble Supporting Member

The bullhorn thing is gross but the little spec on the nostril is attractive. I had a girl who liked to have her bullhorn pulled. Yanked hard. Freaked me out.
  14. Unrepresented

I've seen several women lately, including Alanna Masterson last night on the Talking Dead show with a septum piercing. She's an attractive person, but all I could focus on was that obnoxious nose ring.:atoz:
  15. WalterBush

WalterBush

There's a rather attractive young lady who comes into my store. She's got one of those horseshoe things dangling out of her nose, and it makes me want to offer her a Kleenex. Ick.

I've never like the smell of hippy grease, either. In my youth that scent was almost always the harbinger of unwashed, reaky armpit.
  16. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Holy shiznit............ cause..erm...well....considering the location of tamp stamp..its uh....this means when she's doing it with a guy from a certain popular position, what he gets to stare at....is her daughter's face....... wow. Just wow.
  17. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Single small stud on one side? Yes please.

Septum horseshoe ring thing? No way.
  18. AngryPig1

AngryPig1

I like piercings.. I dont have a 'thing' for them. i just think if it suits the persons face it suits their face. Like a haircut. or clothes.
  19. Immigrant

Immigrant Supporting Member

Exactly where my mind went. I said something really hurtful and obnoxious in a way that it sounded like a compliment to her, but I can't remember what it was. I wouldn't doubt if it had something to do with [REDACTED]
  20. Gaolee

Gaolee The Fat Violin Supporting Member

I'm not a fan of piercings or tattoos, but our singerbabe has a small ring in one nostril. It actually looks pretty good on her, and the ring works better than a stud would. A face stud looks like a shiny pimple to me. Not good. Ears are OK but nothing else anywhere. That's it unless its really unusal like the singerbabe's nose.