I saw The Beatles tribute band Rain

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Richland123, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Richland123

Richland123

I saw The Beatles tribute band Rain Sunday.

I must say they were really good. The band consisted of the 4 "Beatles" players along with a keyboard player who covered the piano, organ, horn, string, and extra percussion parts. They proudly announced that they do not play with tracks and they create everything. They took the extra effort to put all the little nuances in the songs that we hear on the recordings.

I had the pleasure of sitting through the sound check along with a small group of people and they asked for requests and played some Beatles songs that were not part of the show as well as some non Beatle songs and we got to hang out with them before the show.

Each of the musicians is a great player in their own right but their show was polished, tight, super vocal harmonies, and very entertaining.

They are a really nice bunch of guys.

A big kudos to the bass player. He is right handed but played bass left handed and sang. Not an easy task at all. Plus, he played acoustic guitar (right handed) and piano and sang extremely well. He did play a Hofner bass for the first part of the show and a Fireglo Rickenbacker bass for the second half of the show.

And, I got to see the show for free since I won tickets.

http://www.raintribute.com/
  2. Guitarodeo

Guitarodeo Supporting Member

I saw them in San Diego as well. Agree they are worth the $$ to see their show.
  3. REV

REV Supporting Member

Another great Beatles tribute band is "1964 the Tribute".
    They do songs up to 1966 and they are fantastic. If you enjoy the early songs check them out.
  4. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

I caught " 1964 Tribute".
    They played on a ball field, pitchers mound.
    Very retro & great show.
  7. dalkowski

dalkowski

I've also seen "1964" and it was a pretty terrific show.

Methinks that with them and "Rain" and any other Fabs tribute, they have to be spot-on perfect or they'd be out of business PDQ.
  8. fjadams

fjadams Supporting Member

Seen Liverpool Legends. The one put together by Louise Harrison. Very good show, everybody there seemed to be having a good time.
  9. bachlover

bachlover Supporting Member

Always catch the Beatlemania show at Planet Hollywood when we're in Vegas. For Vegas shows it's very reasonably priced. They play all the tunes really well and have a guy imitating Ed Sullivan hosting the show. Another perk for me was all of the gear is authentic from every era.
  10. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration Supporting Member

I've seen Rain many times over a 20 year period. The original long term members are getting older.
    They have since used many interchangeable substitutes for each member. Some of the guys are more convincing than others.
    You never know which John, Paul, George or Ringo you'll get from show to show.
    It's always a good time. The musicianship is usually spot on. The vocal performances will vary depending on who's playing that night.
    Original "Paul" Joey Curatolo is a dead ringer vocally for McCartney and mastered all his bass parts.
  11. stratovani

stratovani

I remember reading several years ago that David Gilmour was very impressed with the Australian Pink Floyd tribute. I wonder which Beatles tribute Paul and Ringo like the most?
  12. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

+10000 I see them every year and they give me the chills great look and sound.
  13. Stewie26

Stewie26 Gold Supporting Member

I heard he hired them for a party.