1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

I think my store has a warwick priced wrong.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Veldar, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Veldar

Veldar

So I was in my local music store (30 minutes away) and was trying lots of different basses mostly the 3 warwicks they had and there was a 6 string with soapbar pickups listed as a rockbass I haven't been there in a week but will go there in 2/3 days.

So my question is, did warwick ever do 6 string rockbasses or has this one been labeled wrong.

2. JACink

JACink

I am no Warwick expert, in fact I have never had the pleasure of trying one, but a quick google search comes back with lots of Warwick 6 string rockbasses.

3. awilkie84

awilkie84

I think the newer line of rockbasses, that don't have Rockbass written on them, have a 6 string.

4. Immigrant

Immigrant

Ask the official Warwick Official in the Official Warwick thread here on TB. There is a user named Warwick Official who knows all things Warwickian.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

I like that statement.

7. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Yes, indeed...there are 6 string Rockbasses! The Corvette Basic Active is available as a 6 string, fretted or fretless. Please let me know if you've got any other questions. Thanks!

8. bassgeezer56

bassgeezer56

Warwick basses are made in Germany and the Rockbass line is built elsewhere under the guidance of Warwick DE

9. Veldar

Veldar

Ok thanks heaps, I didn't know because the website doesn't have them.
    Can you show me some specs?

10. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

Completely off topic but I'm flattered to be quote in your signature Veldar

On topic didn't Warwick introduce somekind of a line between the Rockbass and the original German one ?

11. Veldar

Veldar

I have no idea about a middle ground line between the two, but to me eventhough it's a rockbass it's still a Warwick and it sounds great.

And the Fender quote was amazing, I was going to use it one other sites if that's fine.

12. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

The newer versions of the Rockbass line offer more models and the 2 piece bridge system like the German version a nice touch and no more “Rockbass” on the headstock these are manufactured in China.

New line from Korea the “pro” line very close to German basses the wood coming from Germany and all components. Artist models available to these are a great value and reviews have been excellent.

The new line of Warwick amplifiers heads/cabs or combo’s are also priced aggressively and are great values as well.

13. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

No prob !

And yes it is still a Warwick and all but not so long ago I saw a Warwick with a gloss finish and maple neck for a lot less than a regular Warwick ( it was a thumb ) so I thought it may be the case.

14. victthoe

victthoe

There is a user named Warwick Official who knows all things Warwickian.[​IMG]

15. Immigrant

Immigrant

I'm somewhat honored by that. How sad.

16. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

That would be the Pro Series line - made in Korea. But I wouldn't call it "in between" - these are real Wicks.

17. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
  18. Veldar

Veldar

So I went there today and play it for more than an hour, loved it so much I'm putting it on lay-by next/this week some time.
    It's a active Corvette rockbass 6-string, and my god It's the best bass I've ever played.

19. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Veldar - Very cool to hear! Glad you spent some time with it, and congratulations on the upcoming new arrival! Don't hesitate to let me know if you've got any questions or need assistance in any way. Thanks!

20. Veldar

Veldar

UPDATE: I just put it on lay-by with a hard case for $1018 AUD and have $893 left on it.