I took a leak in the middle of a set last night

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by stagebanter, Nov 24, 2012.

1. stagebanter

stagebanter

We planned a really long set at the end of last night's gig and I really had to go. I had planned to ask the piano player to do a ballad real quick while I slipped to the back of the bar and hit the head but at that exact moment he announced that it was someone's birthday and we were all going to sing to her. So I told him to stretch it out and I slung my bass over my back and ran off stage real quick.

How about you? What do you do when nature calls while you're playing?

2. Thrust Meatnozl

Thrust Meatnozl

3. 4001

Perhaps have a toilet located onstage. What would GG Allin have done?

4. Randyt

Randyt

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Adult Pampers
    ah...went nature calls!...u gotta go...a little different if your in a O pit.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. the yeti

the yeti

7. pklima

pklima

Running offstage while everyone sings "Happy birthday" is a lot cleaner than what I was expecting.

Some time ago a TBer whose name I can't remember posted about playing with a guitarist who drank heavily and wore leather pants because you can take a leak in those without anyone seeing it.

8. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

I played an outdoor gig where the drummer just got up and turned around. He may have walked a few feet so as to be outside the tent........

Everyone was kinda drunk anyway.

9. GCQ23

GCQ23

Haha, that runner had no chance..
    I usually wait for a long intro, or an announcement, sometimes they announce that I've gone, then I get a cheer when I return :)

10. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging! Supporting Member

I was in a band in the late seventies in which the band leader would deduct money from your paycheck for "infractions." In the six years I was with that band, no one ever left the stage to make a head call (or was late) more than once!

That band leader always said "amateurs make those kinds of mistakes, and deserve to be paid less than professionals."

11. pflash4001

pflash4001

I thought that's what the port in the bass drum was for!

12. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are.

Or the rear port in a bass cab. :D

Gives new meaning to "cup" holder.

13. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    This thread has made me wretch.

14. Johnny Roots

Johnny Roots Banned

I was going to eat Lasagna tonight, but I decided on cereal.

15. the yeti

the yeti

how's all that extra fibre treating you this morning?:D

16. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

I had to bow out in the middle of a tune to
    go puke. First time with the band, asked the guitar player
    to take over(rock tune). Damned tuna sandwich!

17. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually Supporting Member

That picture is worth a thousand hurls. I guess the good thing about me and my running half marathons is that I'm not trying to win, so I'm quite fine with losing a few minutes off my time versus being the human yogurt machine.

18. sratas

sratas

wow...I'm ready to vomit....
    It's hard to think that someone would have asked a true opinion on this particular argument...I mean, are we really talking about these???
    I love TB, but this time I logout...sorry :help:

19. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses/Genz Benz - RIP/Mojo Hand FX
    I try to hit the head between every set to avoid this situation if possible.

20. jive1

jive1 Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Copied and pasted from an old thread

This is a story of from a band I was in called Smokin Tweed. We were playing once in Breckenridge Colorado, during their pub crawl on Saint Patty's day. The bar we were playing in was the last bar on the pub crawl, so needless to say, we had a bunch of blitzed people.
    We got a free meal that day, and i got some nasty nachos that disagreed with me. During the middle of a set, I felt a rumbling in my bowels. I tried to hold, but couldn't. I was getting sick. I looked at the guitar player, put my bass down and went toward the bathroom. The men's room was occupied, so I went into the ladies room and dropped a load like nobody's business. I was in there for a while, and I heard some girls pounding on the door saying "This is the ladies room!" I didn't care I had important business to do. However, I did feel sorry for the gal that came in after me (the bathroom had no windows or ventilation ).
    After I was done, I walked out and got back on stage midsong. I was wiped and I had to sit on a stool to finish the tune. The crowd cheered me as a got back on stage. I guess the guitar player told them I was partying to hard (much nicer thing to say, than I got sick on the food and had to take a dump). The crowd tought I was puking in the bathroom and they were cheering me on for getting back on stage and playing.

21. Russell L

Russell L

Haven't had to go that bad mid-set yet (I always go between sets, if needed), but it's coming eventually. I'm 62. Oh well, no problem. Just don't forget to zip back up.