I want a Pedulla Rapture RB4!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassplaya919, Dec 19, 2012.

1. bassplaya919

bassplaya919

so here's the deal! For atleast 3 years now I've wanted a Pedulla Rapture RB4, and I'm having the worst luck with finding one and finding one that I could obtain for less than $1000. I like the 4 string raptures with the soapbar pickup! I'm really just asking my fellow TB'ers if you know of a music store that has one available, knows someone who would like to sell theirs, or if you have one that you would like to sell to me! I played one of these a few years back and I was nuts about it.....but there was no way I had $1500. Also, I apologize in advance if this post is in the wrong place, it's my first time posting.

2. p5string

p5string

3. Fishheadjoe

Fishheadjoe

They can be had for a good price if you are willing to do the leg work and be patient...
    I picked up this bass at a pawn shop. It had been hanging in the shop with a $1000.00 price tag for over a year. I made monthly trips to check on it. One day, I wandered in and it was gone! I asked the guy if they sold it and he said they got tired of looking at it and put it away.
    I asked him how much to take it off his hands... he suggested that it was my lucky day and I got it for around $500.00.
    It needed some work, including a new output jack and a new truss rod as it was locked up tight.
    I found a local guy who removed the fret board, installed a new truss rod, all for $140.00.
    So I have somewhere in the $700.00 range tied up in this bass. Still a bargain as it is my number one gigging bass. It has some significant rash on the back and numerous chips here and there, but I really don't care... it's a working bass.
    Here's a pic...
    [​IMG]
    Fishheadjoe

4. bassplaya919

bassplaya919

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassplaya919

bassplaya919

joe: That's an unbelievable story man! Even though you had to do some work, it looks absolutely amazing! Hopefully I can find a deal like that.

7. Pet Sounds

Pet Sounds

I let go of a Rapture years ago and consider it one of my dumber moves. Good luck in your hunt.