1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

I want a pre- or post- Fender Kubicki Factor Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JH Statts, Mar 5, 2014.

1. JH Statts

JH Statts

Jan 17, 2014
    I used to see the Stu Hamm ads as a teen and remember thinking the Ex-Factor was ugly. I don't really know why I thought they were ugly. Maybe cause I always saw the red one.

Anyway, fast forward 25 years and I want one. I love the clarity, the tones available, and the ingenious drop-D mechanism. I've tried only one, but the tone reminded me of my first bass (an Ibanez SR400LE) and I fell in love.

There's a huge back story to all of this. Basically, I was shot and paralyzed in 2008 and I am trying to teach myself to play in a totally different way. If anyone would be willing to help me on the price/payment, I'd be one happy guy.

Here's my getting shot story:
    http://www.decibelmagazine.com/diary/strength-beyond-strength-the-jason-statts-story/

Thanks!

2. MontzterMash

MontzterMash

Dec 6, 2010
    There's one for sale right now in the TB classifieds.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Pacifica CA
    Disclosures:
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    Since Phil passed nearly a year ago, Factors have been turning up on ebay more than I've seen in many years. They are all around 2K and up. (no "deals" anymore - they are now hot commodities) As long as you have that scratch - you have many to chose from. And considering they sold new for over that, it's still a very worthwhile cost of admission to the world of Factors. Just for the record, FCS Kubick-Factors are only different in the pre - 9v compared to 18v and one tone click less. No other difference regardless of the marketing bs sellers try to use. I've owned both and actually prefer the 9v system. I own the Fender Jazz Plus w/the 9v Kubicki pre and it sounds like a Factor, even w/o Phils proprietary pu's.