1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

I want a pre- or post- Fender Kubicki Factor Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JH Statts, Mar 5, 2014.

1. JH Statts

JH Statts

I used to see the Stu Hamm ads as a teen and remember thinking the Ex-Factor was ugly. I don't really know why I thought they were ugly. Maybe cause I always saw the red one.

Anyway, fast forward 25 years and I want one. I love the clarity, the tones available, and the ingenious drop-D mechanism. I've tried only one, but the tone reminded me of my first bass (an Ibanez SR400LE) and I fell in love.

There's a huge back story to all of this. Basically, I was shot and paralyzed in 2008 and I am trying to teach myself to play in a totally different way. If anyone would be willing to help me on the price/payment, I'd be one happy guy.

Here's my getting shot story:
    http://www.decibelmagazine.com/diary/strength-beyond-strength-the-jason-statts-story/

Thanks!

2. MontzterMash

MontzterMash

There's one for sale right now in the TB classifieds.

3. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    Since Phil passed nearly a year ago, Factors have been turning up on ebay more than I've seen in many years. They are all around 2K and up. (no "deals" anymore - they are now hot commodities) As long as you have that scratch - you have many to chose from. And considering they sold new for over that, it's still a very worthwhile cost of admission to the world of Factors. Just for the record, FCS Kubick-Factors are only different in the pre - 9v compared to 18v and one tone click less. No other difference regardless of the marketing bs sellers try to use. I've owned both and actually prefer the 9v system. I own the Fender Jazz Plus w/the 9v Kubicki pre and it sounds like a Factor, even w/o Phils proprietary pu's.