1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

I want a Spector Forte 4...Do any of the bigger outlets give TB discounts???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sharknose79, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Sharknose79

Sharknose79 UNPAID greenboy/fEARful endorser Supporting Member

I've tried a few suggestions already.
    Just looking to see what's out there....
  2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Levy's Leathers
    I don't know of any...
  3. satellite4

satellite4 Supporting Member

I've never heard of any either...

I do see some used Forte 4s on here (TB) every once in a great while.
  4. bclark812008

bclark812008 Supporting Member

You should talk to Todd Cooke at the Guitar House of Tulsa! He is a great guy to deal with and is a Spector fanatic with a super sick collection!

I ordered my custom Spector NS-5H2 fretless thru him and he was cheaper than anyone else. I plan on ordering all of my future Spectors from Todd! I even got first choice of the body blank that was used for it when Spector got their new shipment! Its a sick spalted maple!

todd@guitarhouse.net

http://www.guitarhouse.net/
  5. bclark812008

bclark812008 Supporting Member

6. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

I have seen Forte 4 and 5's for well under $2k used but mint. New they are available for $2600-ish at the big retailers.

Personally I would buy used, but Fortes are pretty hard to come by. I bought mine 6 weeks ago or so and have only seen one other on TB for sale since.

No formal TB discounts I am aware of in any case.
  7. Mr.Bassie720

Mr.Bassie720 Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses Spector Strings
    I think patience is the key. That a little luck and the Spector Pimp! I got my Forte at an obscene price. It still smelled new when it arrived. My friend the Spector Pimp AKA Sam AKA Limaguy from the Spector club, alerted me to the ridiculous price that Guitar Center had on a Forte4. I acted quickly and purchased it for $1200.00 in like new condition. They do pop up on the used market at very reasonable prices and, it seems to me, most Spector owners take very good care of their basses. Keep an eye on the Guitar Center used section of their website. And for the the record, the Forte basses sound and play phenomenal.
  8. Sharknose79

Sharknose79 UNPAID greenboy/fEARful endorser Supporting Member

Todd has given me a very attractive quote, as has Beaver Felton. The #001 Forte is not for me as this will be a working bass.

I think I def WILL be checkin' out different outlets for a used one.

Look for a Euro 4LX-EX with some insane burl & flame to pop-up for sale when I find it.

Thanks for the insight guys.

[​IMG]

-Dave